Pro carry II vs SA compact operator

This is a discussion on Pro carry II vs SA compact operator within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I thought I had my mind all made up and then a buddy of mine started talking up his SA operator. Pro Carry II ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro carry II vs SA compact operator

Well, I thought I had my mind all made up and then a buddy of mine started talking up his SA operator.

Pro Carry II - Main draw being it's 3 oz lighter then the Springfield. Is also about 100 bucks cheaper.

SA Compact Operator - 100.00 more expensive but comes with night sights and a extra mags. Comes with a rail (Which I doubt I would ever use.)

From what I hear both companies have good customer service. I have heart complaints about the fit and finish of both. I'm so confused!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I like the Operator, better.

The 3 ozs don't make enough difference, to me, to be a factor.

The night sights are easily worth $100, in my estimation.

Additional mags are always a plus.

Springfield has a better reputation for not having to use their customer service.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

SA customer service is the best, plus there is the lifetime guarantee!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

SA operator, without question.

I own a Kimber CDP II Pro (lightweight Commander clone, with 'carry melt' treatment) and two 5" Springfields.

I love the CDP for its more compact size and lighter carry weight, in addition to it's "Sunday go to meetin'" good looks, BUT the Swartz firing pin safety has me on edge a bit. The Springers rely on operator expertise and a light firing pin/heavy FP spring to meet the same objective, and I find that more reliable at least in concept.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    SA customer service is the best, plus there is the lifetime guarantee!
    Wow, I wasn't aware they have a life time warranty. The SA is looking better and better. So it looks like the main plus for the kimber is the three ounce lighter weight (Which believe it or not is a pretty major plus for me).
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Another thing that I've learned lately about the Kimber Pro, is that they are recommended to change the recoil springs at 800 rounds. I find this a turn off, because it shouldn't wear so quickly.

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Another thing that I've learned lately about the Kimber Pro, is that they are recommended to change the recoil springs at 800 rounds. I find this a turn off, because it shouldn't wear so quickly.

the dual recoil assemblies on the champion operator & EMP last 5-6,000 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post

the dual recoil assemblies on the champion operator & EMP last 5-6,000 rounds.
    Just got back from the gun store where I handled both. I have to say that I think I'm going to go with the SA. I could tell no difference in the weight and the SA comes with 2 mags and night sights. The SA was only 10.00 more expensive at my local shop. I will say the Kimber felt EVER so slightly slimmer however that may have just been due to the grips. I like that SA has a life time warranty and that they are designed to work out of the box, no break in period.

You should check out Buy guns online at galleryofguns.com, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of guns: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns. they have a lifetime replacement warranty and i would choose the Springer I own one and customer service is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Just got back from the gun store where I handled both. I have to say that I think I'm going to go with the SA. I could tell no difference in the weight and the SA comes with 2 mags and night sights. The SA was only 10.00 more expensive at my local shop. I will say the Kimber felt EVER so slightly slimmer however that may have just been due to the grips. I like that SA has a life time warranty and that they are designed to work out of the box, no break in period.
    which operator did you get? the micro (3inch), or champion(4inch)? you did great choosing either one

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post
    which operator did you get? the micro (3inch), or champion(4inch)? you did great choosing either one
    Unfortunately I haven't actually purchased it yet. It's going to be my present to myself for 2 months of 80 hour weeks 7 days a week so I actually have to wait till the end of August to buy it. However I am the type of person that does a massive amount of research when spending this much on something. This will by far be the most expensive gun in my collection. I will be going with the 4 inch champion.

Since you have time, and you've decided on your pistol; maybe it's time to research your new holster, huh? *cough*Pure Kustom*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Since you have time, and you've decided on your pistol; maybe it's time to research your new holster, huh? *cough*Pure Kustom*cough*
    I agree that a fine weapon deserves fine leather and I do indeed own a PK that I use mainly for owb. However (as much as it pains me to say it lol) I have found nothing more comfortable for IWB carry then the super tuck.

While we're on the topic of holster recommendations, my Kimber Ultra rides in a Tucker "Texas Heritage"....and I absolutely love this holster. The leather just comes so soft and supple it really requires no break in. Plus Rob Longnecker is awesome to deal with...always great communication response.

"Texas Heritage" IWB
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links