Which .380?

This is a discussion on Which .380? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hhmmm... I wonder which one, he never finished.... lol...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which .380?

hhmmm... I wonder which one, he never finished....

lol

2. Remove Ads

Oh I'm sure he meant the Colt Mustang....

I'm very happy with my $230 Kel-Tec P3AT

VIP Member

Colt Mustang 380, if you can find one on used market

Quote Originally Posted by jabo2818
    I am kicking around the idea of getting a more concealable gun and thought a .380 would be good. Does anybody have any suggestions or thoughts?
    I like the Colt Mustang 380, but you might need to look on the used market.

I don't know if they have something comparable nowadays.

WHY? I like single action, exposed hammer. It is only 5 inches overall length, so it fits nicely in my rt front pocket. While you can carry locked and cocked, someone on PDO pointed out that there is a nice 'detent' onto which you can lower the hammer (carefully, with your thumb between the hammer and frame). Once in that position
    the gun can't fire, but you can easily pull the hammer back as you draw and you are all set.

I found a great custom pocket holster at Andrews Custom leather.

It all slides nicely into the front pocket of my blue jeans, and even if someone brushes against you they can't feel a thing.

This is my everyday always carry partner no matter what else I am carrying. I carrried the LWS 32 for eight years and I was lucky to find this one so I just switched to the 380. I find it to be the perfect size to power relationship.

You should look into the North American Arms 380 ACP, own 1 and is very accurate and concealable in a good pocket holster. Have shot quite a few different cartridges thru it without any problems. As far as stopping power look into the Magsafe ammo in 380, it has the same ooomph as a 45 ACP without a lot of extra kick. Remember shot placement is the most crucial element in defense not necessarily the caliber.

Most everyone is right on this one. Size wise the kel-tec. But I had a bersa and it was a good 380. If I had to get another one it would be the bersa a little bigger but still concealable. With ammo cost on the rise 9mm is still cheaper and a more powerfull round. I recently got a springfiel xdsc 9mm and it isnt much bigger than the bersa and holds more rounds and packs more punch. ymmv good luck with your choice

Sixgun

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links