Diamondback .380 auto Information

This is a discussion on Diamondback .380 auto Information within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am trying to get some feedback on the Diamondback .380 auto. Any information positive or negative is greatly appreciate as I am considering getting ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamondback .380 auto Information

Cool Diamondback .380 auto Information

I am trying to get some feedback on the Diamondback .380 auto. Any information positive or negative is greatly appreciate as I am considering getting one as a BUG . Many thanks in advance.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

I had a lot of problems early with FTF and FTE. I sent it back to Diamondback after 400 rounds. They replaced the extractor rod and got it back to me in a week. 300 rounds later I'm happy with the gun. Once you find the ammo this gun likes it is a good .380. It shoots accurate, has good sights, and recoil isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Search Diamondback and there is a few threads that will share several opinions.

My was, I say was, considering one for her primary. Our local range got one in for a rental and she tried it out. She was warned by the range employees that it had exhibited many FTE and FTF and had been worked on by their smith several times. It jammed with a FTE on the second round. I've never seen a gun jam like that. It took hard work to get the shell out. The "Tap, rack, bang" drill would have been a waste of time.

Needless to say, she crossed it off the list.

Mine is very ammo sensitive, but shoots very well. The design reduces the amount of felt recoil better than my LCP by far. I picked up a SIg P238 due the DB380s grip angle and sure enough the Sig feels and shoots just as good but IMO is a step up in both quality and reliability. The price point for the DB380 when I bought it was just a few dollars over $400 and the Sig is around $500. If it was me, I'd get the Sig. I got the DB cause I thought the Locking breach would lend itself to handle the hotter .380 rounds, but then I started seeing post about the slide actually splitting and that took all the steam outa my sail about trying to run any over pressured rounds in it. The Sig will handle the hot stuff and that's what I was looking for in the .380.

Good luck with your decision.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

This thread may help......
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ack-380-a.html

For my on duty BUG I carry both my KelTec P32 and P3AT because I can easily and comfortably hide them inside my outer vest carrier.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Cool

Definately mixed reviews here. I want something that will also go into my outer vest carrier so size does matter. I checked back on the previous thread that Diablo mentioned and again mixed reviews which is not what I want to here for a BUG that if I need it I NEED IT ! I was told by the gunshop that they had some problems early on but that Diamondback repaired them and sent them back ASAP and no problems since. I really like the feel and look of the gun but reliability is Job # 1. Thanks for the information guys.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

I own one. It does not like Magtech ammo. Otherwise, no issues here.
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    The new S&W Bodyguard 380 will be available on the market shortly:

It is made from stainless steel, and has a Melonite finish on it, just like the S&W M&P pistols have.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    The new S&W Bodyguard 380 will be available on the market shortly:

It is made from stainless steel, and has a Melonite finish on it, just like the S&W M&P pistols have.

I really like that S&W. I said I had found the perfect deep concealment pistol with the Sig P238, but that thing fits the bill equally IMO.

Wonder how it shoots. Looking at it again it kinda looks like a baby M&P.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Why are we so reluctant to flame a bad, cheap, poorly performing pistol....the Diamondback has had a recall, is cheaply made and has had many issues and is a 3rd or 4th tier pistol.....like a Jennings of the 1990's.....enough already with cruddy guns...crappy VCR's or poorly made imported tools hurt no one...but guns on the cheap...can hurt everyone....silly.........
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

And let me qualify...I get the value of forums like these...I use them for "valuable" info quite often...AND I get the value of freedom of speech....BUT crap is crap...and lets not paint it silver and call it chrome...sorry but I get frustrated after 20 years of shoting and self defense to see some market-aire make something that seems to fit a need that is garbage that the masses will buy....buy a LCP or a KelTec if a few bucks makes a difference or a snubbie that is used...BUT DO NOT BUY a cheap POS to defend your life or the life of your loved ones!!!!! Sorry for the rant.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    And let me qualify...I get the value of forums like these...I use them for "valuable" info quite often...AND I get the value of freedom of speech....BUT crap is crap...and lets not paint it silver and call it chrome...sorry but I get frustrated after 20 years of shoting and self defense to see some market-aire make something that seems to fit a need that is garbage that the masses will buy....buy a LCP or a KelTec if a few bucks makes a difference or a snubbie that is used...BUT DO NOT BUY a cheap POS to defend your life or the life of your loved ones!!!!! Sorry for the rant.
    Now that's what I'm talking about Sounds like it came directly from the mouth of Dan Gilbert
    But I do agree. I don't know if I have heard anything good about these You would definitely be better off with an LCP, P3AT, or J-Frame.

As far as the new S&W .380 pistol goes it is almost the same size and cost of a Kahr PM9
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Cool

http://www.gunblast.com/Diamondback380.htm

Found this on the internet. Good photos. Another point of view. Guess the only way I will know for sure is to take one to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Diamondback Firearms DB380 Semi-Auto .380 ACP Pocket Pistol

Found this on the internet. Good photos. Another point of view. Guess the only way I will know for sure is to take one to the range.
    Gunblast is a pretty good reference site, just be careful because I've never seen a bad review from Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    Gunblast is a pretty good reference site, just be careful because I've never seen a bad review from Jeff
    I though I saw a quote from him someplace where he said that he just doesnt bother to post reviews on stuff that he doesn't like.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links