How do you like your Ruger SR9C? - Page 4

How do you like your Ruger SR9C?

This is a discussion on How do you like your Ruger SR9C? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; not much to not like with this little guy. Slim profile, great trigger, deadly accurate and reliable. If you can look past the huge loaded ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How do you like your Ruger SR9C?

not much to not like with this little guy. Slim profile, great trigger, deadly accurate and reliable.

If you can look past the huge loaded chamber indicator and the manual safety, definitely a best buy in 9mm subcompacts.

patriotj likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2400 some odd (can't remember exact count) flawless rounds downrage through mine.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I recently purchased a SR9c on Monday.

When getting home I was very surprised that my current carry pistol
    (a S&W 5906) is slightly smaller, lighter and has a better trigger, even
    on the 1st dbl action shot! Although I still have the pistol, 2, 18rnd mags
    + the 10rnd concealed carry Mag & several IWB holsters (including a
    custom Ted Blocker leather IWB holster).

Time to sell the 5906???
    Last edited by Kalypso; October 25th, 2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: clarification
    U R wat U Eat................

I wanted to like mine but didnt. I fear I might have received 1 from a bad batch or something. After about 600 or so rounds I was still having failuer to go into battery. The last day I shot it I took 100 rounds to the range 1 failuer to go into battery out of ever clip I fired for a total of about 8. I sold it that very weekend

i was gonna buy one. checked one out at my LGS. about a month later, i went to the gun show picked it up again... it just did not feel right in my hand that time.

i'll check it out one more time, but i dont think i'm gonna like it.

and the silly "LOADED WHEN UP" indicator. yeah, no sh* t its loaded when its up. almost every other mfg has some sort of loaded chamber indicator.

First thing that should be done with the sr9c (as noted on many websites) is break it down and clean it from top to bottom, removing all the factory lube. Re-lube it after you clean it well. This should be done before you EVER shoot it.

Ive had my sr9c for about 3 months. I ordered the ultimate ghost trigger and SS guide rod from Galloway Precision. Night and day regarding trigger weight and pull. Ive put at least 2000 rounds and never had one single issue.

I have the big sister SR9. I love it. Want to shoot the Glock well but can't do as well with it. Looking REAL hard at an SR9c now.

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    I love mine, I upgraded(traded in the Glock 23) from a Glock 23 to the Ruger Sr9c and loved the trade...Its been reliable through over 1000 rounds now. People that try to compare the SR9 and the SR9c Trigger are truly clueless as they put a totally NEW trigger in the SR9c(and are fitting that into the NEW SR9's now also) which is a decent trigger. Mine broke at what my Glocks did(6.5 pounds on a trigger scale) I love the way it fits in my hand not a brick like the Glock was. Its thinner than the glock and conceals better than the Glock 23 did . Its been just as accurate as the Glock 23 was. I feel its one of the best compact 9mm's on the market..the only ones id look at in comparison is the M&P and if it was still in the market the Steyr. I like the XD but in comparison its a bit too chunky..id not turn it down but its jut more chunky for IWB(thats all I do for cc is IWB) CC.

there are a few defunct ones that id love also but as I said no longer made and harder to find...stuff like the S&W 3913 id love and compare to the SR9c probably take over it IF they were still in production...but they are not so at $400 the SR9c won :) .
    As far as the trigger goes, there are some upgrades avaialble for it as well. Ghost inc makes some replacement Trigger Control Connectors. I bought the "Rocket" for my SR9c. It needed to be fit to my pistol, but it has reduced the pull to 5lbs, and elimanited the Over travel. This alone has reduced the trigger pull. Take a look if your interested:
    HOW OUR TRIGGERS WORK

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    Take a look at the latest American Handgunner magazine(Sept/Oct issue i think) they have a real nice(and favorable) write up on the SR9c.
    I can't remember the last handgun that American Hand gunner did not give a favorable and nice write up on.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I've carried one every day for the last year, and have over 2000 rounds through mine. I considered the M&P9c, G26, and G19 when I was shopping and decided on the SR9c. I've been very satisfied with it.

Cool SR9c Review

Had it close to a year and put a couple thousand rounds through it. I love it. It has an excellent combination of weight, conceal/carry benefits, accuracy and reliability as can be expected for a compact 9mm. I was very surprised with its accuracy, even in excess of 10-15yards. It handles extremely well and is very reliable. I have shot the greatest and worst ammo from this gun, ranging from target loads to brands of ammo that i cant pronounce. Of course when you get really cheap ammo with hard primers, you can expect a few failures to fire, but they are minimal. As well, really dirty ammo can prevent effective chambering or a round. Overall, the ability to use 10 and 17 rounds in a light compact form is very impressive. As well in conclusion, dont compare it to full size version pistols, or even to the sr9, for they are not the same. It is a very impressive weapon for what it is.
    patriotj likes this.

auto's (1).JPGSitting here now with a Ruger SR9C under left arm .
    It is a fine weapon that does what it is suppose to do. It does not need any changes or fancy named after market parts
    I have a few Rugers I like the Sr9c over my LC9 because it is just a bit larger ,more rounds and different trigger pull. But when I need something a bit smaller the LC9 is fine. Of all of them I have I prefer to carry the SR9C.

Ruger SR9C

I am a SR9C owner. I absolutely love mine. I bought it close to 1 year ago. I have never had any trouble with it misfiring like I have read in other posts and I have put close 1000 rounds through it. It is absolutely the easiest to to maintain of any gun I have ever owned, and is perfect for concealed carry.

Recently switched to the SR9c as the EDC. All it took was a trip to the range with the wife. It's the near-perfect mid-size, mid-power, reasonable safety measures, good capacity, great-shooting, accurate, good-weight, etc. pistol IMO/E.

At first I thought the loaded chamber indicator was a bit excessive -- But the fact that it's easily established in the dark is a bonus. Once I felt the buttery trigger, I was really happy it had a thumb safety too.

And even the wife likes it. I mean, how can you do better than that? She might be getting one over the holidays...
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

I have the sr40c and I really like it. About 300 rounds down range and no issues at all...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links