How do you like your Ruger SR9C? - Page 5

How do you like your Ruger SR9C?

This is a discussion on How do you like your Ruger SR9C? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I too am looking for a 9mm to carry concealed. I have looked at the SR9C and the S&W M&P 9C. It looks like a ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How do you like your Ruger SR9C?

I too am looking for a 9mm to carry concealed. I have looked at the SR9C and the S&W M&P 9C. It looks like a pretty close contest between the two of them. Wife has a Glock 19 which is also reliable and a great carry gun. I have a Browning HP 9mm that is about 40 years old but is way to bulky and heavy to cc. Going to the range this pm to rent the SR9c and the mp9c. Will let you know what I decide.

1,700 through. Zero fails. I love the trigger. The weapon conceals effortlessly, and is versatile enough to be a duty weapon or home defense weapon. My SR9c is my light clothing CCW.

While my favorite firearm is a Walther PPQ 9mm, the SR9c is my "if I could only have one" firearm. Simply put, it can be your everything handgun.

I have a sr9c as my carry. I happen to like the gun very much. The trigger is great. The gun is very accurate. The 10 +1 or 17 + 1 is a nice capacity. A little thick in my hand but can't have everything lol, I have very small hands. Have thought about the Glock 19 but I keep reading while they are great guns in many ways they aren't as accurate as other guns. I have no idea if the is is true but I have read this several places.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I love my SR9c. She goes everywhere with me, all day everyday.

I fell in love with the crisp smooth trigger, natural point of aim, and I like the light weight. I carry with the 10 round and when it goes on the night stand I pop the 17 round mag in. I've only had two failure to feeds and both were my fault. One improper grip and got a pinched thumb and once in a close combat drill the slide wasn't able to cycle all the way. I have shot several 300+ round range session without problems but I do try to only shoot decent ammo. (No more blazer, wolf, etc.)

After shooting side by side with the Glock 27 I liked my Ruger even more. The glocks like to bite my hands and are not nearly as comfortable to hold or carry for me. It did take a couple dry fire sessions before swiping the external safety off really became muscle memory, but other than that I have nothing negative to say about it.

Went to the range yesterday and tried the S&W M&P 9C and the Ruger SR9C. Loved em both but the Ruger seemed to fit my needs and my hand a little better. Will use for CC. It was on sale for 399.95 and comes with a 10 mag and a 17 mag. Great shooting little gun. Tight pattern. Yup, bought it and carried it out.... Love it, Love it, Love it.......Did I mention that I love it?

If I were to give up my Glock 27 for any gun, it would be for the SR40c. My first gun was a LCP and for some reason I cannot look away from getting another Ruger. My Glock is so easy to conceal and accurate I could not give it up either!

How do you like your Ruger SR9C?

I'd buy one tomorrow if they stripped all the safeties off it. Very comfortable and instinctive shooter. Awesome price as well.

Love mine!
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

I owned the SR9 fullsize briefly last year. It was an ok gun, but not for me. Too many cons over pros for my liking. Main dislikes was the 1911 style safety, mag disconnect safety and takedown pin. I sold it, bought a Glock 26 Gen 4 and been loving it ever since! My other favorites I own are the Walther PPQ 9mm and PPS 9mm! Absolutely flawless! Jmo!

Distinguished Member
    My SR9c has my EDC for over a year. Great gun. I really like it. Easy to carry and conceal, and no problems after many hundreds of rounds fired. You won't be disappointed.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links