Rented a Kimber ultra with CT laser, Sig p220R and Glock 30...

This is a discussion on Rented a Kimber ultra with CT laser, Sig p220R and Glock 30... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ... at my local range...I may have fallen in love with the Ultra and CT laser, shooting that baby at 25 feet was effortless!!! first ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rented a Kimber ultra with CT laser, Sig p220R and Glock 30...

... at my local range...I may have fallen in love with the Ultra and CT laser, shooting that baby at 25 feet was effortless!!! first time firing it and 10 shots in the 8 ring point shooting. very light trigger! if only it could be carried DA as well..thats the only thing I have against the 1911 :(.

Sig p220 was pretty sweet as well and comes in DA/SA, I fired the SAO version. has a good feel to it and shoots very lightly, this one did not have a laser grip though and since I am a new shooter I only landed a few good ones in the 10 shots I had

Glock 30 surprised me...when I handed it before I thought it was a brick and would such to shoot...boy was I wrong, very light shooter and trigger, I shot it more accurately than my G19! It is definitely still in the running for my .45 acp choice! (maybe a G21 for home too)
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Don't worry about the 1911, it's perfectly safe C&L, and don't forget to handle a Glock-36 if you want the thinnest grip Glock and still a .45...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Don't worry about the 1911, it's perfectly safe C&L, and don't forget to handle a Glock-36 if you want the thinnest grip Glock and still a .45...
    I don't mind C&L but I also like having options. Also the round count on the G36 is not very impressive :(.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

best part about the glock 30? carry 13 rd G21 mags for backup.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yep, G21 mag with sleeve fits the G30 like a champ for added rounds.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    I don't mind C&L but I also like having options. Also the round count on the G36 is not very impressive :(.
    If 6+1 is not enough for an EDC, then you're hanging around a very tough crowd.

My two Kimbers (1911) only carry 7 or 8 round mags, not much more of a benefit.IMHO
    I doubt that most WalMart parking lot 'situations' would require more than a few shots, and for malfunctions...the extra mag(s).

If 7 shots are not enough for most situations, then I guess that those with revolvers are in deep Kim Chee.
    These threads have reported various shots fired in most situations, which I believe was only 2 or 3.

But what ever works for ya'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

My two Kimbers (1911) only carry 7 or 8 round mags, not much more of a benefit.IMHO
    I doubt that most WalMart parking lot 'situations' would require more than a few shots, and for malfunctions...the extra mag(s).

If 7 shots are not enough for most situations, then I guess that those with revolvers are in deep Kim Chee.
    These threads have reported various shots fired in most situations, which I believe was only 2 or 3.

When your parents and fiancee live in the two highest crime cities in the state and you yourself live 15 minutes from the 3rd highest crime city in the same state...you get concerned about capacity :p. people here roll in gangs.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

hope for the best...

but expect/plan for the worst. 6+1 is probably enough to handle most concealed carry defensive situations, but I like to know that I have more then enough should the S hit the fan. In the Houston area, where I live, it is becoming increasingly common for three or more attackers to target an individual or a home. It has gotten me rethinking some of my weaponry choices as far as carrying a larger caliber like the 45. If my attention has to be split amongst multiple attackers, then I want a shot landed on target to take that target off his feet.

And, I love my G30. It is an easily concealabe sized 45 with a good capacity mag, and when I get home, in goes the G21 mag and my streamlight trl-1, and it is a great home protection gun.

I like the look of the rosewood grips on the 220 Elite but they feel so huge in my hands...do they make wood grips for the 220 that are slimmer?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    1911, G30 and P220 are three really great choices in .45acp. In fact, the only one I don't have is the G30 (I don't like the short grip), but I do have a G21.

If you like the DA/SA, then you can't go wrong with a classic P220. Check around (Google) and you should be able to find different stocks for it.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

kpw
    Might be worth your while to check out a 30 SF. Some don't notice much difference, some (me included) do. Either way, great pistols.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

GM
    If the 1911 "could be carried DA” then it should not be a 1911, and you should not have the same beautiful trigger. If you do not like to carry cocked and locked then get a SIG, they are very good firearms.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Or maybe the guy that decided to mug you brought his buddies.

Statistically I'll never need more than a few shots. Statistically I'll never need a gun.

I don't feel like being the outlier in either case.

i too just shot the g30 ( orginal frame) over the weekend and i love it! the recoil was really easy to handle for me atleast, compared to 1911's i've shot..im not sure what my problem is, if i even have one.

i like the fact that you can use the 13 round magazine in the g30...

10+13= 23 rounds.
    10+13+13= 36 rounds.

---------------------------

i do wanna try the g36 and 21...and the 23 again...

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    If the 1911 "could be carried DA” then it should not be a 1911, and you should not have the same beautiful trigger. If you do not like to carry cocked and locked then get a SIG, they are very good firearms.
    true, but that would really only matter for the first shot. DA/SA provides for very nice followup shots :). the P220's trigger was very light in single action as well.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links