Bye bye kimber

This is a discussion on Bye bye kimber within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; many thanks for the recommendation. ill update everyone when i have a new weapon. my local dealer is looking for a ss springfield champion, and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye kimber

many thanks for the recommendation. ill update everyone when i have a new weapon. my local dealer is looking for a ss springfield champion, and a ss colt commander. ill buy whichever he can get first.

2. Remove Ads

Sorry to hear of the Kimber issues but you've got a great dealer standing behind you. I'm still trying to pay of an XSE Combat Commander (the most expensive gun I've ever bought!), something about that slide length that begs to be carried. My second SA was a park'ed Champion that ate anything I fed it with everything from CMC Shooting Stars to $7 gunshow G.I. surplus and that conical bull barrel makes it fast to get back on target - I suspect you'll be well satisfied with yours when it arrives. If not just take advantage of that warranty.

I'd toyed with the idea of getting a Kimber Pro CarryII for the lighter weight but after all the Kimber problems I've heard lately, I think I'll just stick with my Mil-Spec and Combat Commander and call it good. Besides, there's a Makarov out there with my name on it !
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT
    I'll buy the holster from you if the price is right
    if youre still interested, see THIS THREAD. thanks,

Natural Selection,

Thanks, but after reading about your saga with the Kimber, I looked up the model you had and realized it has a longer barrel length than my Ultra Carry II. I have not had the Kimber for long and don't know a lot about the various models.

Fantastic holster at a good price, but it would be a little long for my UC II.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    have a eirly mod kimber it shoots great but i have to admit the trp shoots so much better have been hearing about trouble with the kimbers think it might be as stated biger company lower qc sorry but it sounds like your dealer is a great guy im lucky i have a dealer like that

hmm more oddities in the world of kimber

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Sorry to hear of the Kimber issues but you've got a great dealer standing behind you. I'm still trying to pay of an XSE Combat Commander (the most expensive gun I've ever bought!), something about that slide length that begs to be carried. My second SA was a park'ed Champion that ate anything I fed it with everything from CMC Shooting Stars to $7 gunshow G.I. surplus and that conical bull barrel makes it fast to get back on target - I suspect you'll be well satisfied with yours when it arrives. If not just take advantage of that warranty.

I'd toyed with the idea of getting a Kimber Pro CarryII for the lighter weight but after all the Kimber problems I've heard lately, I think I'll just stick with my Mil-Spec and Combat Commander and call it good. Besides, there's a Makarov out there with my name on it !
    Jack
    I have the pro carryII and have had it for some time. I haven't had any issues with it to speak of yet. So far I've fed it just about everything. After reading so many reports lately It seems like they're just hit or miss these days.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova
    After reading so many reports lately It seems like they're just hit or miss these days.
    my gun dealer called me today to tell me that he got that pro raptor 2 back from kimber. im picking up the invoice tomorrow that lists the repairs they made and when i post that invoice youll wonder how that weapon ever made it out of their "custom shop".

Packin:
    Glad your Pro Carry is treating you right, seems like the early Kimbers had a good level of dependability but lately they seem to have gotten lax in production and worse, in final inspection and QC. I'm just not sure I want to risk the headaches sending a gun back and forth multiple times just to get one that works. I'd like a LWT 4" - 4.25" model, I'd also like to try a Kimber but money's too tight to risk that.

A LWT Colt Commander in .38 Super would be nice but the CC I'm paying off now was right at $1000 after tax, can't afford two of them. Looks like my choices are either a LWT. SA Loaded Champion or the Kimber Pro Carry II and a whole lot of hoping and praying.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OD
    Who do you think makes some of theirs? Metalform.
    Metalform might produce them. But,are they the same from contract to contract. I'm pretty sure they make tham to the requested design on the contract.

OD*
    Sure they do, like inspection holes on Colt's, Springers, etc., and slots on Wilson's.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Better luck with the Springfield........
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Could it be the external extractor?

I bought my Kimber Custom TLE II in 2003 and it works flawlessly. I don't remember what a jam looks like

My brother bought the same model after they switched to the external extractor and it has been nothing but problems (he has become an "expert" on clearing jams). He sent it back to Kimber, they worked on it, and it still has problems.

His son recently bought the same model and it looks like they have gone back to the internal extractor. His son's gun also works flawlessly.

Did yours have an internal or external extractor?

Any way.....sorry you had such problems.

I have a Kimber Custom CDP 4". Great gun. I have over 2000 rounds though it with no problems after the first 150 rounds of break-in. My uncle has almost every Kimber made, and he has very few problems. Hope the springfield champion works well for you!

I have a 4 year old or so CDP II Pro and have never had a problem with it, I am thinking of picking up one of the new Warrior models sometime. Anyone have exp with one? Good luck with the new weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG
    Did yours have an internal or external extractor?
    internal. i didnt make it by to pick up that invoice today, but ill get it tomorrow or monday for sure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links