Defensive Carry banner

Beauty and the Beast

2K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  Seraph 
#1 ·
Just making sure my camera still works :smile:

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice.

I like how you put the 1911 in the fore front. It stands out, while the black Glock blends in with your backdrop.

#23 ·
1911 is both

Actually my thought is the 1911 is both, beautiful and beast. Look how long it has been around.

#7 ·
Take that one with the funny lookin handle out of the pic and you'll still have a "Beauty of a Beast".....:aargh4:

#9 ·
Checking out your camera. Yeah, right. Show off!
Kind of like the Glock hiding in the shadows. Good pics. The cameras is fine.

#11 ·
Beautiful weapons, but that 1911 sure takes the cake!

#24 ·
The CBOB really is a tough gun to own... mine has about 1k rounds through it, and has only seen safe duty.... but its such a sweet shooting gun, that it begs to be carried... I'm just not sure I can abuse it yet.

I know I'm gonna get flamed for that :rolleyes:

#27 ·
Is that what you see?

I see a weapon and a firearm relegated to a safe.

Sort of like a carpenter having his framing hammer adorned with inlaid gold trim and a plated and polished head. It WAS capable of framing, but the "adornments" make it only suitable for viewing or displaying in a cabinet.

Safe-queens are fine, nothing wrong with people doing what they want to their property... but this is a CC forum, and most people here I think would choose function over form, weapons over safe-queens.

Personally, I view all of my weapons as tools. Some designed for different purposes, but all are still tools and fully ready to do the job they were originally made to do. But if you have the money and desire to "adorn" one for the safe, so be it. They are nice to look at, but not being put to the task originally designed for.

#28 ·
I see a weapon and a firearm relegated to a safe.

Sort of like a carpenter having his framing hammer adorned with inlaid gold trim and a plated and polished head. It WAS capable of framing, but the "adornments" make it only suitable for viewing or displaying in a cabinet.

Safe-queens are fine, nothing wrong with people doing what they want to their property... but this is a CC forum, and most people here I think would choose function over form, weapons over safe-queens.

Personally, I view all of my weapons as tools. Some designed for different purposes, but all are still tools and fully ready to do the job they were originally made to do. But if you have the money and desire to "adorn" one for the safe, so be it. They are nice to look at, but not being put to the task originally designed for.
for this reason I think my first 1911 will be a more plain jane one.. As long as its accurate, light triggered, and has a good finish and ramp polish, that is all I require. I will buy a safe queen 1911 later. but I want my carry gun rugged!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.