Ruger SR9C Anyone ?

This is a discussion on Ruger SR9C Anyone ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at a show today and was checking out the Ruger SR9C . I'm not much of a fan of Ruger semi-autos because the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR9C Anyone ?

Ruger SR9C Anyone ?

I was at a show today and was checking out the Ruger SR9C . I'm not much of a fan of Ruger semi-autos because the trigger pull is too long for my big hands but I like this SR9C . I know the fullsize version has had problems and recalls but I haven't heard anything about the compact. I would like to hear from anyone who owns one or has had one . How is it as a shooter and a carry gun ? Thanks in advance for your input .

2. Remove Ads

I have the SR9c and LOVE it!
    Small enough to carry but big enough to hold. Mine was spot on right out of the box. (It shoots better then I do)
    300+ rounds through it and not a single issue.

Lateck

I put one next to a Glock 19 at a gun store today. I was surprised that the SR9c was about the same size as the G19 - I thought it was smaller. Between the two, I'd get the Glock (and I own quite a few Rugers).
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

SR9C is great feeling pistol and very thin for a double stack. The trigger pull is great and accuracy even better. I highly recommend it.
    Ruger: SR9, SR9C
    S&W: M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 15 Sport
    Glock: G20 SF

Sells great, shoots great. Real nice package (two magazines, one ten round with finger extension and the 17 round magazine with collar). They usually last in stock for a day or two and then they're all gone. They're also really accurate, our customer love them.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have an SRc and I love the gun. I bought mine when they were first introduced. The trigger is very good, and accuracy is outstanding! That said, I was having some trouble with failures to fire due to light strikes. This only happened with Wolf ammo.

Ruger has the greatest customer service, and when I spoke to a tech, she said a self defense gun should shoot all ammo. So, she emailed me a UPS tag for next day air at no charge, and it's back to Ruger now. My understanding is that Ruger now installs a longer striker spring to fix this problem; since mine was not the only case of light strike failures. However, I cannot verify this. I'll see when it gets back.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Takedown View Post
    SR9C is great feeling pistol and very thin for a double stack. The trigger pull is great and accuracy even better. I highly recommend it.
    Actually the SR9C is 1.27 inches thick, the same width as a glock 30 or a PT145 which are both double stack .45's so for a double stack 9mm it's definitely not thin. For comparison is glock 26 and 19 are both 1.18 inches thick.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Actually the SR9C is 1.27 inches thick, the same width as a glock 30 or a PT145 which are both double stack .45's so for a double stack 9mm it's definitely not thin. For comparison is glock 26 and 19 are both 1.18 inches thick.
    Yeah but your doing what many do and taking whats printed instead of side by side on the guns..the SR9C is 100% noticeably thinner than a Glock almost night and day thinner..unfortunately who ever printed up the SR9c's "statictics" took their readings for thickness at the outside of the thumb safety NOT the slide and grips. so while the little tiny thumb safety at that exact point makes it as "wide" as a Glock if measured from there IF they would ever bother actually measuring the SLIDE and Grips its a lot thinner. even a from the top side by side and then from behind to show the grips would make this VERY clear..So they kinda need to "rewrite" their stats IMO because the gun itself is a lot thinner than a Glock,XD, or the M&P.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

I had a Glock 30 and I currently have a Ruger SR9C . I don't care what the figures are, the SR9C is way, thinner than the Glock 30. I believe that Ruger measures across the safety lever, which really makes it seem thick, but the slide and grip, ( the parts that really effect the way it conceals) are definitely thinner than the G30.

Update: I got my gun back today from Ruger. 10 Days total. They replaced the Striker; now we'll see if the light strikes disappear.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Have it, love it, carry it.

Thanks everyone for your input I'm now considering getting a SR9 along with the SR9C ...I agree with everything I read on here "RUGER got it right this time "

If you haven't already gotten one, go for it. I have one and love it

Quote Originally Posted by leibdav1 View Post
    Sells great, shoots great. Real nice package (two magazines, one ten round with finger extension and the 17 round magazine with collar). They usually last in stock for a day or two and then they're all gone. They're also really accurate, our customer love them.
    Werd!!

VIP Member
    Nothing against the Ruger, but why? M&P's and Glocks are proven, why get the Ruger unless you need to save a couple bucks?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I waited and waited and wanted and wanted as long as I could...then I got the SR9.......well the SR9c came out and here I am wanting again.
    Does it ever stop..............????????????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links