BUG Ruger LCP .380

BUG Ruger LCP .380

This is a discussion on BUG Ruger LCP .380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Howdy folks, I don't post much, just read a lot. I saw a Ruger LCP .380 at Gandar Mtn. today for $350 new and thought ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BUG Ruger LCP .380

BUG Ruger LCP .380

Howdy folks, I don't post much, just read a lot. I saw a Ruger LCP .380 at Gandar Mtn. today for $350 new and thought it would make a nice BUG gun, fit in my tux pocket easily and didn't know it was there.
    Typically I carry a .38 as my main gun on an ankle holster when wearing my tux and have never liked this set-up. With no belt and the fact that in the heat, we sometimes don't play in jackets, I'm looking at other options. I have a JackA$$ rig for my Walther PPK/S but it's difficult to play violin with a piece of iron in my armpit.
    Any ideas? Thought I'd pick your collective brains...

Jim

Price is high - paid $289 for mine locally. We have two LCPs in the family. Very good pocket pistol.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

i also really want one of these, for those times when you cant carry a bigger gun, an LCP is perfect! (my dad had one and i borrowed it and loved it)

I paid $329 for mine.

It is excellent for pocket carry. Not too accurate past 7 yards, though. YMMV
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I carry an LCP as well. Nice gun. The price is definitely high. Good luck with your search.

i would check around for the best price. the lcp will make you a good pocket gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I think price is really reflected by what geographical location you are in. $350 is probably the upper end for one, but probably not out of line for NY state. I paid around $325 for mine, then got my wife one for about $309 here in Missouri.

The thing about the Ruger LCP is that it's so small, there's really no excuse not to have it with you everywhere you go. My wife and I both use them as Back-Up guns. I think it would be a more than adequate primary gun for those very ultra discreet times when nothing else seems to work like wearing a tuxedo and playing violin. Again, it's really small enough that you can have it almost every where you go regardless of what kind of clothing you have on. I think you could probably hide it in a speedo if you had to.

As far as accuracy goes, I think it has excellent combat accuracy. I can pop a 12 oz Styrofoam drink cup off the ground in rapid fire and make it dance all over the place with it. I was doing that the day I got it. One of our other forum members, J-Man was doing the same thing with it. Since then it has functioned flawlessly with close to 800 - 1,000 rounds through it. J-Man has made a couple of "swinging targets" and no problem hitting it center mass with standard silhouette target at 7-10 yards.

I carry it in any and all pants pockets, either front or back and right or left side depending on what other guns I'm carrying or I have a weak side IWB Kydex holster for the LCP which also holds two reloads for my primary G-23.

For your purposes, I don't think you'll go wrong with getting an LCP.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    It is excellent for pocket carry. Not too accurate past 7 yards, though. YMMV
    - The LCP can definitely be accurate past that. The sights are the problem. I have a Crimson Trace on mine and have no problem hitting paper at 50'.

I bought my chrome LCP for $290. The standard on goes for about $270 in CT.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    AIM sells them for $279 online with $20 shipping and a $25 transfer fee you are still well under your price at GM. Anything retail over $300 is too high.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Out here the LCP's going for $330~360 range over the counter.

Nice gun and even better with the CT.

Lateck,

Hope you find a good price. $350 sounds a little high. Anything around $300 or less would be a good buy.

Try a back pocket holster as the LCP will easily hide back pocket or front. Good luck!

Yeah the LCPs are nice, going for about $350 locally here as well. I just bought the "raspberry" version for the g/f from Hoffman's $274.95 shipped:

http://www.hoffgun.com/specials.htm#LCP

I like it! I'll have to get another for myself soon - a black one, I mean..

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    A fair price for a LCP on average is under $300.00 Typically $279.00.

Buds currently has them for $299.00+ But they can be a found for
    $279.00 frequently on Gunborker.

Excellent little carry piece.

good luck & Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Smartcarry for all of your guns...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Great little guns. I have over 1,000 rounds through mine without a single malfunction.
    The Niagara Gun Range on Niagara Falls Blvd. in Wheatfield has an engraved one for $350

I believe they also sell the regular LCP for around $290
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links