SIG Or Springfield Compact

This is a discussion on SIG Or Springfield Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; looking to get a new carry gun.looked at the sig 40 cal compact and the xd 40 compact both fell good in my hand.does any ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIG Or Springfield Compact

SIG Or Springfield Compact

looking to get a new carry gun.looked at the sig 40 cal compact and the xd 40 compact both fell good in my hand.does any body got pros and cons on any of them.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Which Sig? There are several different modles that are available in .40s&w
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Thought about them, chose the M&P9c because it felt/is a better overall pistol than the XDM,(IMHO), and was a bit less $ than a sig. If I already was not invested in the 9mm caliber, or could have (this was influential) afforded the added ammo caliber, I would have went to .45 instead of .40.
    Others here will probably reaffirm that sentiment.

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

im looking at the p250

i was looking at the 40 because i already own 2 full size. was trying to keep from haveing to buy to many def. cal. size i got a 9,38 and 40.

Can you be a little more specific which guns you're comparing? in .40 XD makes a full size and a subcompact, the P250 comes in a fullsize, compact and subcompact. I assume you're talking about the subcompact XD but not sure which P250. The P250 compact is a bit larger than the subcompact XD but the subcompact P250 would be about the same size.

Either way in .40 I'd get the XD. I had one of the first P250's compact in 9mm and I've had the compact XD 45. The P250 seemed much more top heavy and had a lot more flip to it where as the XD seemed like a better balanced gun.

Also, unless things have changed since I bought mine the P250 will only come with 1 magazine. I believe the XD comes with 2 and one with a fullsize grip adapter, giving you a great home defense gun if you wish to use it that way.

All of this assumes the XD feels good in your hand. The P250 has a couple of different frame options but with the XD there's not much you can change.

compact is what im looking at. Never owned a sub. or shoot one i do like the size of them.may rent one and see how thay shoot.My wife only lets me get by with only buying 1 every 6 or 7 months or so without fussing to much lol.so im trying to make the best of it.

Well I have a XDSC chambered in 9 mm and I love it... For some people it is two thick and heavy, but it works for me...

I think my vote would still be the XD. The P250 can't be made smaller (with out a $300+ conversion kit) but the XD can be made larger with the magazine that comes in the box. Not just for extra rounds, the extension grip gives you more to hold on to when just blasting paper at the range.

I'm not sure what other guns you have, but these are 2 drastically different trigger styles. The XD will be short and light while the P250 will be long and heavier (though still light for a DAO). When I first got my P250 I traded it to my dad a few months later because the trigger was too different than everything else I owned (1911s and Glocks) but a year later when I got it back I was almost exclusively shooting revolvers so it was perfect.

cmb
    In this option for a purely outside source who has shot neither (only held at the gun shop) and read just a little on each I would say XD. The Xd does feel better jusst in the hand. However, compare that to another model of Sig ie 229, 226, I may change my answer....

The upside to the 250 is the ability to change calibers... not really something that appeals to me though...

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    It also depends on the money IMO. I love my XD's; I have a compact 40 and a sub 9, and they're both amazing guns. That said, Sig has the reputation int does for a reason. They make fine weapons. Shoot them both and get a feel for them, then buy the one that you shoot best.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I love my Sigs, but if *I* was choosing between those two guns, I'd go with the XD. I've never been a fan of DAO triggers. I'll tolerate them in an ultra compact pocket gun, but not in a larger framed pistol. I previously owned an XD-9 and it was a fine weapon.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9c
    Sig Sauer P229R .40
    Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Keltec PF9 Parkerized

VIP Member
    I have owned both, take the XD.......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I would go Sig....all day long

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

That would be an easy choice for me, as I've already made it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links