Ok so I have a new take on the "new" Glocks....and still dislike retail gun shops.

This is a discussion on Ok so I have a new take on the "new" Glocks....and still dislike retail gun shops. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my Gen 3 just the way it is bone stock with night sights. I had a genuine disdain for the Gen 4 and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok so I have a new take on the "new" Glocks....and still dislike retail gun shops.

Ok so I have a new take on the "new" Glocks....and still dislike retail gun shops.

I love my Gen 3 just the way it is bone stock with night sights. I had a genuine disdain for the Gen 4 and RTF finish. I was out with my wife at an LGS in the next town letting her fondle CCW pieces, for her upcoming CCP. She is gravitating to the G26, more and more.

We handled a G19 with RTF and a Gen 4 G17. The RTF is simply to aggressive and "prickly" It would wear a hole in your cover garment or your side eventually in quick order. The salesman said "som people are taking very fine grit sandpaper and smoothing that down." Whats the point of getting it then???

The G17 Gen 4 has a different grip surface than the Gen 3 but not NEARLY as aggressive or rough as the RTF, and would not be that bad to carry EDC. The changeable back straps have come a good ways. The first few I saw were ill fitting, and disappointed me in Glock. This one however, was almost un-noticeable except for the slight identation in the grip with apin to be punched out to take out the backstrap. I literally could not see where it and the rest of the grip joined. Very well done. I guess if I was forced to I could take a Gen 4. Glad Gaston is a stubborn bank mule and isnt ridding the Gen 3

They did have a Gen 3 G21SF with NS and a Picatinny rail for 749...that is why I refuse to buy anything from any shop charging more than cost lus 10%. Some LGS just like to hose people.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

JT
    I'm sticking with Gen 2 and 3.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

VIP Member
    They did have a Gen 3 G21SF with NS and a Picatinny rail for 749...that is why I refuse to buy anything from any shop charging more than cost lus 10%. Some LGS just like to hose people.
    I just about choked on my coffee when I read that! Outrageous! Those night sights aren't adding THAT much to the base price!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    If you're looking for a 21:

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    If you're looking for a 21:
    Not particularly looking for a 21 right now....maybe later, I was just handling it because I could. LOL Thanks for the links though. Plus I get LE pricing from my distributor, for much much cheaper.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

They price to maximize profit while ensuring the item will sell. If they are higher than what customers are willing to pay, the gun will sit and the price will decrease until someone buys it. Then the restocked item will be listed for that last selling price. That is how a market price is reached, in a nutshell. If a customer pays $749 for the gun, then the customer agreed that was a fair price for the market conditions at the time of the sale. Then it's win-win.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

But I could literally drive ten minutes away on the other side of town and buy it for 150 cheaper with no haggling. So not really a good way to sell.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I understand the LE pricing and agree that they were charging you way to much at $749, but do you really think that 10% is a fair profit for a $500 gun?? considering most states have an instant check that costs the dealer money and most people take guns back to the gun shop to get sent back for any warrenty work costing the shop money for shipping. I don't think you can go by a fixed percent. Some times you have extra costs to get some guns because of were it's being shipped from and the shipping method. And from my exsperience the LE cost for some guns is cheaper than dealers can even buy them for.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    sure he thinks 10% over cost is fair...and he works for free too....

GM
    I love my Gen 3 just the way it is bone stock with night sights. I had a genuine disdain for the Gen 4 and RTF finish. I was out with my wife at an LGS in the next town letting her fondle CCW pieces, for her upcoming CCP. She is gravitating to the G26, more and more.

We handled a G19 with RTF and a Gen 4 G17. The RTF is simply to aggressive and "prickly" It would wear a hole in your cover garment or your side eventually in quick order. The salesman said "som people are taking very fine grit sandpaper and smoothing that down." Whats the point of getting it then???

The G17 Gen 4 has a different grip surface than the Gen 3 but not NEARLY as aggressive or rough as the RTF, and would not be that bad to carry EDC. The changeable back straps have come a good ways. The first few I saw were ill fitting, and disappointed me in Glock. This one however, was almost un-noticeable except for the slight identation in the grip with apin to be punched out to take out the backstrap. I literally could not see where it and the rest of the grip joined. Very well done. I guess if I was forced to I could take a Gen 4. Glad Gaston is a stubborn bank mule and isnt ridding the Gen 3

I assume that you refer to a gen 3 G19 RTF2. I am not a Glock person, I am a SA guy, but for a while ago I got rid of my gen 3 G19 and I got a gen 3 G19 RTF2. I agree that the RTF2 is more aggressive, but I like it better. And for some reason the grip feels a little smaller (since I do not longer have the old G19 I cannot measure them). The one that I got has curved serrations, which I think work better than the straight ones. I have never held a gen 4 and for that reason I cannot talk about them.

It is not that I love the G19 RTF2 (or any Glock) and I never will, but I do not regret getting it.
    Last edited by GM; July 20th, 2010 at 06:57 PM.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

But I could literally drive ten minutes away on the other side of town and buy it for 150 cheaper with no haggling. So not really a good way to sell.
    That's fine. If that's how that business wants to operate that's fine. They will either learn or go out of business.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

*IF* I were to (go to the darkside and) get a Glock...I'd go with the Gen 3 Glocks
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    sure he thinks 10% over cost is fair...and he works for free too....
    No I am not a buisiness man...but I shop at three different gun dealers all of who charge cost plus 10% and shipping and tax, and have been in business for a LONG time. All that aside 749 is way too much for that gun regardless of my thoughts on business.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    *IF* I were to (go to the darkside and) get a Glock...I'd go with the Gen 3 Glocks
    Thanks for bringing us back to topic and you can own a Sig and a Glock...I do. (228 and G23) Love them both for different reasons. LOL

749 is way to much I got my brand new rtf2 19 for 500 with 3 mags

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links