Sig P250: A clarification about interchanges with what and how & other considerations - Page 2

Sig P250: A clarification about interchanges with what and how & other considerations

This is a discussion on Sig P250: A clarification about interchanges with what and how & other considerations within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 10thmtn How's the trigger reset on those Sig 250's? I recall the trigger being smooth if long, and not too heavy. Can't ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    How's the trigger reset on those Sig 250's? I recall the trigger being smooth if long, and not too heavy. Can't recall what the reset point felt like.
    The trigger on the P250 is like the DA trigger on a revolver, except far better right out of the box. I had to do some work on my 686 to get it to where the P250 is to start with.

Two people recently described the P250 as a high capacity revolver - that's a good concept of it. Hence it has a longer pull than some guns and a longer reset. Many count that as two bad things; I don't as long as the trigger is light, smooth and doesn't stack. The P250 meets those requirements.

It is not at all uncommon for a person to shoot a good DAO gun (i.e. long, light, non-stacking) for the first time and actually do better with it than they were doing with their gun. I think there are a number of reasons for this, the two major ones being, the surprise break and increased focus on what one is doing.

It is awfully easy to get a SA staged and wait for the sight picture and try to pull the trigger at that perfect sight alignment. With a DAO, you just keep pulling the same all the way through and suddenly the shot breaks without warning. Just what you want it to do.

The other thing is that long pull makes you concentrate more on what you're doing. For me, the first five DA shots through my revolver were a revolution, and I'm a very experienced and trained shooter - I just don't shoot DA a lot.

Another plus to the longer (but light) trigger is something that Ernst Langdon told me. In the analysis of a lot of data he had privy to due to the 'agencies' he trained, The length of trigger pull resists a premature and startle discharge significantly better.

If one ever expected to carry a revolver as a main gun or BUG, guess how you'll likely have to shoot it? DA! Especially if you have an enclosed hammer revolver, that's the only way it can be shot.

Finally, shooting DAO will improve your shooting for the reasons I stated above.

Watch the first video link I posted in my previous post.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

I hear you - all my handguns are DAO. Lots of folks complain about the trigger on the LCP...I have no issues with it.

I would imagine that, with some practice, you can get some fairly rapid follow-up shots with the Sig.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Senior Moderator
    I hear you - all my handguns are DAO. Lots of folks complain about the trigger on the LCP...I have no issues with it...
    I don't have any issues with it either. A Glock is DAO, and nobody complains about that, but it's a shorter trigger and shorter reset. DA/SA guns have a heavier trigger and as long of a stroke as the P250 DAO; I don't know what people do about that first long DA shot on a DA/SA.

...I would imagine that, with some practice, you can get some fairly rapid follow-up shots with the Sig.
    I'm just getting to that; what little I've done, it seems plenty fast. When I have some time I'll work on some rapid fire drills - hey, another video!
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

considering my options

I just got my cpl and will possibly be purchasing a sig p250 kit (9mm). My question is I know you can purchase caliber exchange kits but what about fire control kits also? I'm sure I will tire of changing over and would like to put both to use. I mean I would have 2 guns but can only utilize one at a time. Seems a waste! Should I just purchase one gun instead of 700.00 for p250 2gun kit?

Quote Originally Posted by NEWTOTHIS68 View Post
    I just got my cpl and will possibly be purchasing a sig p250 kit (9mm). My question is I know you can purchase caliber exchange kits but what about fire control kits also? I'm sure I will tire of changing over and would like to put both to use. I mean I would have 2 guns but can only utilize one at a time. Seems a waste! Should I just purchase one gun instead of 700.00 for p250 2gun kit?
    You may find FCGs for sale on the various auction sites, there is also a P250 specific forum that has a BST. As far as getting tired of changing the FCG over, its almost as easy as tying velcro shoes. No tools, and 1 lever. I've gotten it down to 68 seconds from loaded+1 to frame/slide swapped and re-loaded+1.

You can sell spare grips on the forum, or modify them to fit you better/ chop a Compact Grip Module to fit a Subcompact Slide (shorter OAL, without the reduced mag capacity).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links