A first for me

A first for me

This is a discussion on A first for me within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In 10 days I will be purchasing my new Springfield champion operator and that got me to thinking. I have purchased quite a few carry ...

Thread: A first for me

A first for me

In 10 days I will be purchasing my new Springfield champion operator and that got me to thinking. I have purchased quite a few carry guns over the past 2 years but this is the FIRST time I am buying a new carry gun just simply because I want the option of carrying something else, not to replace my current EDC that I am unhappy with. To this I must say...THANK YOU GLOCK! You renewed my faith in auto loading pistols. You may not be the prettiest pistol I own, Or the fanciest but your a work horse. You don't have to be pretty or fancy because you get the job done. Hoorah Glock o7
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Administrator
    Springfield Champs are awesome. You will enjoy it for sure.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    You tried as hard as anyone could have to make Taurus work for you. If it's any consolation, you and other folks on this board have saved me the aggravation of going that route.

I hope you're comfortable with switching from the G26 to the 1911 as an EDC. Even though all of my formal training was on 1911's, and I probably prefer to shoot my 'loaded' SA, I feel that I need the edge of no external safeties on my EDC. The G26 is truly remarkable. That Champion Operator should be a 'keeper' for you. Keep us posted.

I'm a very big fan of Springfield's 1911s, I don't own anything except full size models, but I am sure your champion will serve you well. And congrats on being able to buy a gun just because you want to, isn't America great?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    You tried as hard as anyone could have to make Taurus work for you. If it's any consolation, you and other folks on this board have saved me the aggravation of going that route.

I hope you're comfortable with switching from the G26 to the 1911 as an EDC. Even though all of my formal training was on 1911's, and I probably prefer to shoot my 'loaded' SA, I feel that I need the edge of no external safeties on my EDC. The G26 is truly remarkable. That Champion Operator should be a 'keeper' for you. Keep us posted.
    I'm not really "switching" so much as just adding something else to the rotation to avoid stagnation :) More then likely the SA will be cool weather carry and the G26 my warm weather carry. My most fired gun at the range is my Series 80 colt 1911 so I am pretty comfortable with the battery of arms and dis-engaging the safety and such but that being said you are 100 percent correct. There is a simplistic beauty to the 26. To most Glock pistols. They just work. Point and click. Which is why I won't be selling my 26 to fund the purchase of my next EDC. She will be staying right where she belongs...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    And congrats on being able to bu a gun just because you want to, isn't America great?
    Indeed!! All of this summer over time has me looking at a AR again as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    In 10 days I will be purchasing my new Springfield champion operator and that got me to thinking. I have purchased quite a few carry guns over the past 2 years but this is the FIRST time I am buying a new carry gun just simply because I want the option of carrying something else, not to replace my current EDC that I am unhappy with. To this I must say...THANK YOU GLOCK! You renewed my faith in auto loading pistols. You may not be the prettiest pistol I own, Or the fanciest but your a work horse. You don't have to be pretty or fancy because you get the job done. Hoorah Glock o7
    I understand the feeling. I feel no need to replace my Glock 26 as my EDC, but have been looking very hard at a 1911 to purchase. Next big step is convincing the better half that buying another gun is worth it. It would take me past my two gun limit. And, yes, I know how sad that sounds!
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

THANK YOU GLOCK! You renewed my faith in auto loading pistols.
    That was my exact feeling after getting the from Kahr. The G26 is indeed one of the finest CCW pistols available.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    been there and already did that, it's pretty cool to connect with someone who feels that way I do. Let me just say that even though I love my Glocks and M&P's, they don't shoot like my Kimber 1911. If you get an SA it will be the same as I feel they are in the upper tier of 1911's.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Good luck with the springer Rollo I have a Springfield full size loaded it was my first gun and I like it the most.

Sponsored Links