Nighthawk PDP Arriving Soon

This is a discussion on Nighthawk PDP Arriving Soon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I ordered a Nighthawk PDP Commander a few months ago with some custom features like a slightly rounded butt (as far as I know, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nighthawk PDP Arriving Soon

Nighthawk PDP Arriving Soon

So, I ordered a Nighthawk PDP Commander a few months ago with some custom features like a slightly rounded butt (as far as I know, this is the first time they've done this on a full size frame), medium solid trigger at 3.25 lbs, half stippled, half smooth grips along with a tan set of Gatorbacks and it's in Diamond Black.

I just received an email from George at Gunslingers that it's arrived, so it will be home soon. I have a Talon II LW Bobtail as well and will soon have a 5" Nighthawk also.

MSRP is right around $3,400 but got out the door well under that. Here's a few pics I just received. I'll post a range report and some pics once I get it and put a good 500 through it. After 500 rounds or so, I'm sure it'll be my every day carry.

Last edited by jonconsiglio; July 21st, 2010 at 08:07 PM.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

2. Remove Ads

Wow! That's one sharp 1911!! I'm a bit jealous.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.

J.R.R. Tolkien

JD
    Administrator
    Let me know how you like the chain link, that's what I've got coming on mine.

I actually think that I am done buying 1911s for now, until I get the funds together for a full custom job, and Nighthawk is definitely a company I would like to have build me one.

Looks good, be sure and let us know how you shoot it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Let me know how you like the chain link, that's what I've got coming on mine.
    I've fired a Ed Brown Special Forces with a similar pattern and I liked it. That's partially what made me order a Special Forces Carry for myself. It wasn't rough on the hand but still offered enough grip during firing, at least for me.

That's a nice looking 1911 there though. I had heard you mention a bit about it here and in a few of our PMs Jon, and I didn't know what the "rounded butt" really meant. Now I see and that's an interesting idea. I almost ordered one of those for myself (minus the rounded butt) but I opted for the bobtail for carry which I have fallen in love with after carrying my Dan Wesson CBOB for a while now. I suppose later I might just order up a PDP when funds allow now that I've seen one outside of Nighthawk's website. Congrats, and I can't wait to hear what you think of it once it arrives.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

JD, I'll let you know soon.

cmdrdredd, I almost had this one bobtailed since I like my Talon II so much, but figured I'd go without and just go rounded. As much as I love bobtails NOW, I figure this is a little better for classes, etc.

Now, I noticed it doesn't have the ball cuts on the front of the slide. I emailed to find out why. I'm ok with it, but am curious why it came without the ball cuts, they give it more of a working gun look for me....I think. Oh well, the Predator is coming with them.

Funny how the serial is so low, my Talon is close to 09500, must be a slightly different frame or have something to do with the front strap, maybe? We'll see.

Thanks guys.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Awesome looking pistol! I like the CL grip pattern too, looks cool and I bet it gives off plenty of traction. Congrats, awesome array of pistols ya got there.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Congrats that's a solid all business looking EDC 1911 Commander. I like it. Can't wait to see the pics you take of it.

GM
    You are such a lucky guy. Many congrats on that beauty!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Congrats, beautiful pistola. I would like to get a Nighthawk one day also.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    JD, I'll let you know soon.

cmdrdredd, I almost had this one bobtailed since I like my Talon II so much, but figured I'd go without and just go rounded. As much as I love bobtails NOW, I figure this is a little better for classes, etc.

Now, I noticed it doesn't have the ball cuts on the front of the slide. I emailed to find out why. I'm ok with it, but am curious why it came without the ball cuts, they give it more of a working gun look for me....I think. Oh well, the Predator is coming with them.

Funny how the serial is so low, my Talon is close to 09500, must be a slightly different frame or have something to do with the front strap, maybe? We'll see.

Thanks guys.
    Hrm, that's odd. Maybe it didn't get put on the order ticket And for the record, I think every 1911 is a working gun except the custom engraved models that are more like showpieces. I don't know anything about the serial, I suppose they could serial each model they make differently.

So you're carrying the Talon II now? You'll have to let me know if you switch out for this as I believe you told me the Talon II was a lightweight version with aluminum frame. Not that all steel guns are harder to carry, but it's a noticeable difference none the less.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Yep, it's a lightweight. I usually carry a steel gun, but have been carrying the Talon because I like it so much. The VBOB gets carried every now and then as well. For me, it's not that much difference. I carry a 5" now and then too, but the Commander carries a lit better for me. I'm not too worried about the cuts, I'm sure it could be fixed if I really wanted it, I just don't think i really care. The serial is no big deal obviously since it's build date is what matters.

I love bobtails, there's just something about a full frame that I prefer for running really hard and that's what this one and the Predator will be for. Got some fun days ahead!

Love the crowned barrel, recessed slide stop and the rounded butt. I like it better w/o the ball cuts. It's a "workin" gun alright.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Yep, it's a lightweight. I usually carry a steel gun, but have been carrying the Talon because I like it so much. The VBOB gets carried every now and then as well. For me, it's not that much difference. I carry a 5" now and then too, but the Commander carries a lit better for me. I'm not too worried about the cuts, I'm sure it could be fixed if I really wanted it, I just don't think i really care. The serial is no big deal obviously since it's build date is what matters.

I love bobtails, there's just something about a full frame that I prefer for running really hard and that's what this one and the Predator will be for. Got some fun days ahead!
    It still sucks that you asked for Ball Cut slide and did not get it that way. Like I said, it might not have even been on the order ticket, it happens.

Anyway congrats again and let us all know how it shoots and I'll be interested to know whether or not you decide to carry this or not. Also you have a PM.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Thank you guys, I'm almost happy that it has the standard cuts, but I change my mind about every hour on my preferences when it comes to my guns!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links