Sig p250

This is a discussion on Sig p250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone has had good or bad experences with the SIG P250 series pistols. From looking at them, they pretty much fit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig p250

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Sig p250

I was wondering if anyone has had good or bad experences with the SIG P250 series pistols. From looking at them, they pretty much fit the bill for what I am looking for. I was just seeing what experences people have been having with them. A few reports I read on the first models were not to hot, but from what I understand they did some upgrades and tweeks to make it better. Just wondering how the P250 holds up to the Sig Sauer reputation for their weapons.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have a subcompact, and a compact both in 9mm. They are great guns, the sub has about 500 rounds through it and the compact has about 400 rds.; all brands they digest everything flawlessly.

One note though, I don't believe the 250 is for everyone. The only complaint I read about, is the double action only trigger system. It is very light and smooth, but it is long and some people just don't like that.

The subcompact is my every day CCW.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Senior Moderator
    I have a Sig P250 full size in .45 ACP. It took me about 150 rounds to get up to speed on it. Here's a fun video of the P250 in action; I posted this in another post, so you may have already seen it. I'm not saying you can do this if you buy one, but it's what the gun is capable of.

Oops, forgot the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctFLYHW7lc8
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

My experience thus far are very positive. So much so, that I am buying a second one this week. It's very ergonomic in feel, but it's true beauty is it's simplicity. Think of it as a semi-auto revolver and make up you own mind about the trigger...which has no gritty feel, camming or slack with clean break. If you know how or can learn to stage it, you ought to like it. The design bugs have been worked out - there were some problems with the early guns. If you get one with an EAK or EAU serial number which is current production, it will be fine.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

just be aware of the availability of the xchange kits. they are very hard to find and pretty pricey in my checkbook. been trying to find a subcompact kit....but to no avail.
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

I have a compact in 40 cal. I did have problems at the beginning with the trigger resetting, but sent it back to Sig for repairs and I had it back within a week. It works like a charm.

P250 TT.jpg
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    I have a compact in 40 cal. I did have problems at the beginning with the trigger resetting, but sent it back to Sig for repairs and I had it back within a week. It works like a charm.

P250 TT.jpg
    Sorry you had the problem, but that's very encouraging that you got such prompt service from Sig, although that doesn't surprise me.

I mentioned this in another post, but since I don't know who sees what, I'll mention it again here:
    Kits may be a bit scarce right now, and a bit pricey. But the P250 is still fairly young in the market place and Sig is having to fill two government contracts, so I guess we can expect an impact on us civilians. However, I can't help but believe as things smooth out, that the prices are gonna come down some on the kits. Perhaps even bigger than that, somebody is gonna figure out how to put people with kits that want to trade for a different kit together, e.g. a website, and we can buy used kits from one another. That's the beauty of the P250, no overnight shipping, no FFL, no background check, just drop the kit in the USPS and off it goes.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I was really looking at the sub compact 45 as an EDC, I have looked on the web for a good IWB holster for it and am coming up blank. Any suggestions?

Senior Moderator
    There are several of holster manufacturers I'd like to order a holster from, but I'm not up to waiting 16 weeks and more. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet. I want to give El Paso Saddlery a call and see if they are making holsters for the P250 and how long it takes to get one. Here's one I want:

http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-53-20-snap-off-elite.aspx

If you really get in a pinch, these are just about universal holsters. They don't have the best retention in the world but they work pretty good. I've carried Glocks, Berettas, my P250 full size .45 ACP all in the same holster. Mine is made by Galco, but a bunch of holster makers make them and they may be far easier to find than a custom holster. This is El Paso Saddlery's version, but they all look pretty much alike, I just happened to have their website up.

http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-75-11-y...e-holster.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    I was really looking at the sub compact 45 as an EDC, I have looked on the web for a good IWB holster for it and am coming up blank. Any suggestions?
    UBG makes holsters for the P250 compacts and says he has a subcompact blue gun on the way. I got mine [Regulator] today and it's freakin awesome!! I will post some pics of it later today in the holster forum. It was only about 2.5 weeks to get.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Man they look nice and are a good price now to boot.

I need a subcompact kit for my compact 9mm :(

anyone with the twosum want to sell me the subcompact?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I want to give El Paso Saddlery a call and see if they are making holsters for the P250 and how long it takes to get one.
    El Paso Saddlery holsters are excellent. I have several, and love them.

RKM
    A friend of mine has a compact .45 P250. aside from the trigger pull being 3.2 miles long, it's pretty nice. The trigger is very smooth, just a very long pull.

yeah thats been my only complaint.. the length of the pull. wish there was a way to fix that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links