Diamondback 380?????

Diamondback 380?????

This is a discussion on Diamondback 380????? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at the local guns shop today trying to decide on a new 380 and ran across a Diamondback 380. I really like the ...

Thread: Diamondback 380?????

Diamondback 380?????

I was at the local guns shop today trying to decide on a new 380 and ran across a Diamondback 380. I really like the "Tiny Glock" look of it, the 3 dot sights, and the simplicity of the parts. I started researching when I got home but am getting mixed reviews....Some are saying the new production batches are much improved and have been nearly flawless? Does anyone have experience with this gun??

Thanks

Has no one heard of this gun??? The reviews on YOUTUBE are all very good and one guy even takes it through a torture test; shooting in under water and kicking it around in the sand with good results.

My DB has had it's problems early. The last 400 rounds have been great. Search Diamondback and you will find a few threads on this topic.

Here's my range report. The gun is still working fine as a range rental.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...cs)&highlight=
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Yes, they had reports of cracking slides, but those past reports live on in infamy and eternity on the internet. That was yesterday; this is today. You might give a call to the company itself and ask them if that problem has been addressed. On the flip side, I've also seen some glowing reports from owners more than happy with the pistol.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

If the cracked slides have been fixed...They appear to be a very nice little gun.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I purchased one a few weeks ago as a BUG for on and off duty. I have had no problems with feeding and extraction when using Speer Lawman and Speer Gold Dot ammunition. I have also used Remington with complete success. The only FTE came with Sellor & Bellot ammunition. Before first firing the gun I followed the factory instructions and field stripped, cleaned and lubricated the weapon. I am very pleased with it and now have about 200 rounds of SD ammo through the gun with no malfunctions.

P.S. SEE FOLLOWING POST
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Cool Range Report

DIAMONDBACK .380 Range Report
    Went to the range today for the first time with my new Diamondback .380. Prior to going I followed the manufacturers instructions and disassembled, cleaned and lubricated the weapon and the magazine.
    I had Remington 95 GR MC, Speer Gold Dot LE 90 GR GDHP and some Seller & Bellot 95 GR FMJ ammo.
    I started with the Remington ammo loading a full 6 round magazine, chambering a round then topping off the magazine. The first several mags were slow fired from a distance of 7 yards with rounds impacting about 2" below point of aim but centered. There were no malfunctions. I then fired several magazines as fast as I could pull the trigger and again no malfunctions. I next loaded the Speer ammo and slow fired several mags and again no malfunctions. I then did the same rapid fire drill and again no malfuntions of any kind. I did short stroke the trigger twice possibly because of my use of the Glocks and their ability to reset the trigger without releasing it all the way. This cannot be done with the Diamondback. I then mixed the Speer and Remington in the same magazine and proceeded to fire several mags both slow and rapid fire with no malfunctions. Needless to say I was a very happy camper.
    After seeing the reliability with the Remington and especially the Gold Dot LE ammo I thought I would burn off the remaining Seller & Bellot FMJ ammo. At this time I had about 80 or so rounds through the gun. The first magazine was slow fired with no malfunctions. On the second magazine the second round produced a FTE. I cleared the weapon and the forth round was a FTE. The last three rounds fired and ejected without incident. The third magazine had a FTE with the first round. After being cleared the last rounds fired without incident.
    I switched back to the Remington ammo and rapid fired a magazine without incident . I fired the remaining Remington and Speer ammo mixing the rounds in the same magazine rapid fire with no malfunctions. I feel completely at ease with the Diamondbacks reliability with the Remington and the Speer ammo. It definately did not like the S&B ammo and as a point of reference the last time I fired the PPK/S using this same batch of S&B I had FTE issues. The ergonomics of the grip on this little gun make it very comfortable to shoot.
    I have ordered a HighNoon Pocket Grabber and a Mr. Softy for the DB. I have to qualify with my department with this weapon before carrying it as a BUG on duty and I hope to do that next week.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Old School, it sounds like you need to take S&B off your list. I've only used it once (9mm Mak) and had no problems. Glad to hear your experience was a positive one. I think some of the slide issues was with +P ammo, but not sure. Don't know if the DB is rated for it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Cool

OV,

I have had good results with S&B in 9mm in my G-19 but not so with the Diamondback. I called the factory and they said that the DB likes ammo that is a bit on the hotter side. I did not inquire about +p. With the Speer Lawman replicating the Gold Dot at about half the price for 50 rounds ($17.95 as opposed to $39.95) it allows for more practice at a resonable price with an ammo the gun likes.

Thanks for the info!

I would also like to get a DB just for the kicks.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Sponsored Links