Shot a friend's Glock32 today

This is a discussion on Shot a friend's Glock32 today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow! what a sweet weapon! Some of you know that I've been considering a 45acp lately http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ut-a-45-lately but, I may have to reconsider. This gun ...

Thread: Shot a friend's Glock32 today

Wow! what a sweet weapon! Some of you know that I've been considering a 45acp lately http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ut-a-45-lately but, I may have to reconsider. This gun is the same size as my G19 but shoots a 357 sig round.

I loved it. The recoil was not much different than my G19 but I think this round carries a bigger punch.

Guys, I'm new to shooting pistols, I mean less than 1,000 rounds new and i'm considering a second pistol so that one can be at home when i'm out. I'm all about keeping it simple and glocks are as simple as it gets for me. In these two pistols I get capacity, good reliabilty and descent ballistics for the money. Sig rounds are expensive compared to 9mm but, not too bad. Oh, and I won't need to buy more holsters.

The most important thing to me is that at 3 to 7 yards, from concealment, drawing and shooting from 1/2 hip and nose index positions (one handed point shooting), sometimes on the move, I was hitting with very good combat accuracy.

I plan on attending another defensive pistol class in September and hope to have it by then however, the class calls for 400-500 rounds so the g19 will be getting most of the work.

I appreciate everybodies posts on the other thread. Lots of votes on the 1911. No doubt an excellent weapon but, not a good option for me at this time.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

I would get a Glock 23 and a second barrel in .357 Sig. The barrel is a drop in, no fitting required.

For around $100 ( the norimal cost of a drop in converison barrel) more then cost of the the G23 you could shoot .40 S&W and .357 Sig

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The .357 SIG is what many Fed. and state agencies are going to. Very effective round, that has few. if any feeding problems. The "over penetration" issue isn't near what it's built up to be. Because it's not as popular as 9mm, .40, ,45 auto, there's not the bullet selection available and it does tend to cost more. But from what I've seen, not much more. I've shot the SIGs and didn't notice any more kick or noise than any other high-powered handgun cartridge. It's not like going from a .380 to a .44 magnum.

I planned to get a G22 and conversion barrels for 9mm and .357, but finances and practicality got in the way. Since you like the .357, I'd say get that, and then later, if so inclined, get a .40 barrel. I have "heard" that sometimes the .40s don't feed well from the 357 mags (or vice-versa), so you may need caliber specific mags also. But a barrel and a couple of mags is a LOT cheaper than another gun.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The .357 SIG is what many Fed. and state agencies are going to. Very effective round, that has few. if any feeding problems. The "over penetration" issue isn't near what it's built up to be. Because it's not as popular as 9mm, .40, ,45 auto, there's not the bullet selection available and it does tend to cost more. But from what I've seen, not much more. I've shot the SIGs and didn't notice any more kick or noise than any other high-powered handgun cartridge. It's not like going from a .380 to a .44 magnum.

I planned to get a G22 and conversion barrels for 9mm and .357, but finances and practicality got in the way. Since you like the .357, I'd say get that, and then later, if so inclined, get a .40 barrel. I have "heard" that sometimes the .40s don't feed well from the 357 mags (or vice-versa), so you may need caliber specific mags also. But a barrel and a couple of mags is a LOT cheaper than another gun.
    That's right OldVet. I do like the available options of caliber conversion. Hey, I see you have a G30. The range has one for rent. If it's an sf model, i'll give it a shot also. It's really going to have to wow me though. I mean, holsters seem deferent, it's thicker and i'm not sure i'll like the grip on the G30 with my smaller hands. If the sf model fits, grip and concealment wise, and the recoil is manageable with one handed "emergency" type grips for about 50 rounds, i'll seriously consider it. The G36 is appealing but, reports of the occasional "lemon" turned me off.

Oh btw, my friend let me shoot his 357 magnum revolver. Big bang! I see why my pops has carried a revolver for about 50 years...point and shoot at it's finest.

He also let me shoot his Taurus Millenium 9mm subcompact and S&W M&P .40 compact. Loved the M&P...felt very nice and I shot it well. The Taurus? Well, I have nothing good to say about it so I won't say anything, lol.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

The Glock 32 is a nice compact handgun to carry you will enjoy it !
    Springfield Armory 1911-A1 TRP SS
    Glock 17
    Glock 32 ( w/ 23 barrel )
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9

My g 32 shoots alot better than my 40 S&W. the accuracy of this round is pinpoint with quick 2 shot hammers.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I have the G30, have held the SF model and couldn't really tell any difference though. Some folks can; some can't. I can tell the difference with the Gen 4 G22 with the difference backstraps. I perfer leaving them off (the smallest size).

The earliest G36s had some issues, but any of the later ones seem to be as reliable as any other Glock model.

Had a .357 Mag Blackhawk, went to the .41 Mag BH and liked it better. Awesome power yet controllable.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sponsored Links