Laser sights for SR9

This is a discussion on Laser sights for SR9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good morning, all I am interested in information and feedback for laser sights for SR9. Any recommendations? Are they even necessary for CCW? Any input ...

Thread: Laser sights for SR9

Laser sights for SR9

Good morning, all

I am interested in information and feedback for laser sights for SR9. Any recommendations? Are they even necessary for CCW?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Ads

IMO they are a toy and the make your eyes look for the dot instead of focusing on your target . With that said if you train and practice shooting with it on and off then you don't rely just on the dot. The application I think they're best suited for is if you have to use your non shooting hand they help you get on target faster with off hand shot . Again this is MY opinion but you shouldn't rely on the laser dot but they are fun to shoot with at the range. It's similar to some LE Dept that carried Beretta 92 's . Some officers would keep the safety on w/out practicing disengaging the safety in a a situation which would ultimately get them in a world of hurt . The same with a laser sight when you have to draw your SR9 in a violent encounter . You might not have time to switch the laser on or wait too see the dot.Most violent encounters are FAST & CLOSE which a laser does no good in a 3ft (average distance) vicinity. You will prolly barely clear your holster before engaging with your 1st shot . They're a great intimidation tool if there is distance between you and your attacker though . Like I stated before if your gun hand is taken out of the fight and you have to use your non shooting hand it can help you get on target with the hand you might not ever practice or shoot with . It's my opinion I don't wanna incite an argument w/ anyone but thats my opinion .

There are a few reconditioned Viridian SR9 laser sights out the if you look around and they're half the price .

Links