I know I should't do it but I know I will.......... - Page 2

I know I should't do it but I know I will..........

This is a discussion on I know I should't do it but I know I will.......... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You can never have too many guns....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know I should't do it but I know I will..........

You can never have too many guns.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Get 2 if you can, like someone else said your wife may assimilate it. You gotta get at least one. Thanks for serving and protecting your neck of the woods!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Two words: buy it.

At the very least, you'd be able to sell it or trade it for more than you paid. Since you said half retail, I'll assume that's somewhere between $200 (blue label) to $250 (red label.) if you regret it, you can always sell it to me for what you paid for it.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    How can she argue with that? I'm betting the price was just right, too. Good grab!
    You can always sell it to a friend or family member for what you paid. they are a great CCW firearm.

Liberals are like Slinkies…Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Let's just say that the price is one that anyone of you guys would have to take advantage of, somewhere around half of retail. These guns are four years old with minimal use except for qualifying. We had the same deal with the G-19. One week window to decide. The distributor is the actual seller of the guns not the agency.
    Hopefully you don't buy retail. You should be able to get a LEO discount anywhere. For talk purposes though, lets say on the very high end the MSRP for a NEW G26 Gen 4 is $663.00. A dealer selling to a non LEO for a good price might be selling a new Gen 4 G26 for $460.00 or less. So, how much is a used G26, probably Gen 2, in Good Condition worth?
    A fair price would be $320 or less.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

It is on SALE. Now if it was my wife all I would have to do is give her the difference from the sale gun to a new gun. Works for me.
    Everyone ought to worship God according to his own inclinations, and not to be constrained by force.
    Flavius Josephus

Just the fact that a L.E. Agency is willing to sell guns to make cash is a rarity around here.

When guns are changed the old ones get destroyed here. The libtards have gone too far, and too much history is lost that way as far as I'm concerned.

Biker

Administrator
    Of course you should. Our agency sells guns to the officers they were issued to for pennies on the dollar, and sometimes just a dollar. Grab it up!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Shackleton View Post
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Maybe the wife won't notice...
    ^This^

Once your collection gets big enough, they won't notice when you add one occasionally.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Hopefully you don't buy retail. You should be able to get a LEO discount anywhere. For talk purposes though, lets say on the very high end the MSRP for a NEW G26 Gen 4 is $663.00. A dealer selling to a non LEO for a good price might be selling a new Gen 4 G26 for $460.00 or less. So, how much is a used G26, probably Gen 2, in Good Condition worth?
    A fair price would be $320 or less.
    Bought it (I knew I would) and the price was a bit below fair. Excellent condition as it belonged to my Lieutenant who only carried it on plain clothes assignments which were few and far between. Wow two guns bought in the month of July (this one and the Diamondback .380) I am living on the edge. It also comes with three mags, one with a finger extension.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I have two, never, ever had a failure of any kind, ever. Shoot it with extension, or not, little finger sticking out... No difference at all! Great pistol, and you can carry G17 spare mag!

VIP Member
    Bought it (I knew I would) and the price was a bit below fair. Excellent condition as it belonged to my Lieutenant who only carried it on plain clothes assignments which were few and far between. Wow two guns bought in the month of July (this one and the Diamondback .380) I am living on the edge. It also comes with three mags, one with a finger extension.
    You got a very good deal, especially with the extra mags. I would keep that one.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

These guns are four years old with minimal use except for qualifying.
    You mean you don't have daily shootouts with the bad guys, I just can't believe all the TV shows aren't depicting true life

. The distributor is the actual seller of the guns not the agency.
    This confuses me a little. If the distributor is selling the gun, are they "leased" for lack of a better term to the LE Agency?
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Cool

The agency purchases the guns and the distributor takes the old agency guns as trade in. Then the distributor allows officers to purchase the trade in guns at a very good price (good PR). We have been dealing with this vendor for many years and purchase a good amount of equipment from them.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links