Ruger Security Six - Page 2

Ruger Security Six

This is a discussion on Ruger Security Six within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You bought a good gun and got a good price on it. I've owned two, regret letting them go. As for the wife, she'll get ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger Security Six

You bought a good gun and got a good price on it. I've owned two, regret letting them go. As for the wife, she'll get over it eventually and you'll still have the gun.

Thanks for the feedback, like the trigger job info. BTW did I tell you my wife is German/Irish? Pray for me... Evasion may be the only intelligent choice.
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

GM
    Congrats on the gun, and good luck with your wife
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

The Security is a fine revolver.I had one for many years.You are right about the trigger.The triggers on the Security Sixes were great out of the box.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    I still have my stainless steel security six. It was the first gun I purchased. Outstanding revolver, very accurate, very reliable. I had the trigger worked down to 2.5-3lb pull in SA. Just about every shot is a surprise, and results in excellent groups.

Probably the one gun I'll never give up.

Senior Moderator
    Great wheel gun
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

jyo
    I bought my first "real gun" (after a few .22s) a brand new Ruger Security Six 4" blued from The Brass Rail gunshop in Hollywood just after they came out---$106 OTD---a really early model and it shot just fine---but as life changed, so did my thinking and it got sold to my best buddy (I believe he still has it)---wanted another one and picked up an newer 4" blued and many many years later found a minty used 4" stainless---I still have and shoot both regularly---good guns!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The Ruger Security Six and its variants the Service Six and Speed Six are all fine handguns. Solid as a rock in every way. These handguns were the first of the Ruger investment cast guns and were some of the first revolver designs to feature a transfer-bar lockwork.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Rightwing,
    Congradulations on the purchase of a fine handgun. I purchased a 6" SS GP-100 about 7 years ago, for $350. I know the price has gone up considerably since then, so I'd say you did well.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57
    Beer Nuts: $1.49
    Deer Nuts: Still under a Buck.

Great gun, wish I never sold mine, but I needed the cash at the time, You got a very good buy on it. Just don't your wife see it.

I bought my Police Service Six back in 1974 for $100 and it's been in a drawer beside the bed for 36 years.

I was actually issued one of these great wheelguns for several years, while working security forces at an Army Ammunition Depot/Plant (BUGDUDE will know the one!), and I absolutely LOVED the ones that I carried. They were 4" Blued, and marked "U.S. Army Property" on each one (I'd LOVE to have one of those for my collection!). This particular facility was still carrying these and some newer GP-100's when I worked there the last time in 2004, but I'm told that they have now gone to the M-9's. I worked there three different times between law enforcement jobs, and helped the rangemaster with qualifying new hires (many with little firearms use) and these were a joy to train new hires on with their ruggedness and smooth actions. That combined with the accuracy helped to significantly boost the newbies scores and confidence with their weapons!
    Rightwing, I think you got a great buy on a nice weapon! If there is too much "Flak" for the purchase, I might be willing to work a deal for the revolver OR the wife to ease the tensions! Best regards-John

Great revolver, good price, hope your wife gets over it!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CBXMan View Post
    I bought my Police Service Six back in 1974 for $100 and it's been in a drawer beside the bed for 36 years.
    And you could give it to your grandson and he could use it for another 36 years and it will still be going strong.......they are that good.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links