STEYR pistols are coming back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on STEYR pistols are coming back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Steyr Arms has just annouced that in August it will be importing more of it's popular MA-1 & SA-1 pistols in 9mm & 40S&W . ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STEYR pistols are coming back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steyr Arms has just annouced that in August it will be importing more of it's popular MA-1 & SA-1 pistols in 9mm & 40S&W . Suggested retail is $649 which is better than the $800 they go for overseas. So all you Steyr fans get ready !!!!!

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45MINK View Post
    Steyr Arms has just annouced that in August it will be importing more of it's popular MA-1 & SA-1 pistols in 9mm & 40S&W . Suggested retail is $649 which is better than the $800 they go for overseas. So all you Steyr fans get ready !!!!!
    Well, but Steyr has sided with Iran against the USA in the past, putting the lives of American Servicemen in Iraq at risk.

They will never get any business from me, even if they invent a Star Trek Phaser handgun.

That Iran story just won't hunt. Do you own any German guns? Italian? Russian? Our military is using Berettas...the Italians were the enemy in WWII. As for me, I'm looking forward to completing my Steyr list. The MSRP looks good, since the retail is usually lot lower. I've heard they've improved the trigger even more!

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Well, but Steyr has sided with Iran against the USA in the past, putting the lives of American Servicemen in Iraq at risk.

They will never get any business from me, even if they invent a Star Trek Phaser handgun.

That story had been dis-proven:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_Mannlicher
    Controversy

Steyr made international headlines when it sold 800 HS .50 long range sniper rifles to Iran in 2005, for the National Iranian Police Organisation to use against drug smugglers.

There was a large amount of concern in the United States, UK, and to a lesser extent, countries like Denmark, that the rifles would find their way into Iraq and be used against the New Iraqi Army or Coalition forces. Nevertheless, the sale was approved by the Austrian government. Forty-five days later, the first of several American soldiers were killed by, ostensibly, one of the exported weapons, and a number of the rifles were recovered in raids on Iraqi insurgents.[1]

On their website, Steyr Mannlicher offered a corporate response to these allegations, claiming that no hard proof, in the form of serial numbers, has yet been offered to confirm that the weapons that killed American soldiers were indeed from the eight hundred exported to Iran.

The statement also pointed out that since the international license for the HS .50 is expired, the weapons in Iraq could be knockoffs from other manufacturers.

Also during late 2007, a propaganda video released by a Shia insurgent group in Iraq showed an insurgent firing a Steyr AUG(not HS .50) against US troops Live Leak

The U.S. Central Command announced late 2007 that no Austrian rifle had been found or seized in Iraq as reported by the Austrian journal "Wiener Zeitung"[2] on March 29.
    Feel free to google it for other sources as well...

I look forward to their return
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I recall a time when we were supplying Iran with arms, fighters and training. It's a vicious circle. Friends - enemies- friends - enemies.

But we're not talking about buying Iranian arms, are we?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "I don't recall."
    I agree, it is a vicious cycle.

Never shot one, looks like a Glock/CZ P-07 hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockLobster View Post
    Never shot one, looks like a Glock/CZ P-07 hybrid.
    But better than both put together and with a trigger Glock only wishes it had. The Steyr is the single most ergonomic gun I've ever held. Typical Austrian quality, and a tack driver. As my wife says, "It makes me look good at the range." We own 9 (all different models) and I carry the S40.

VIP Member
    I recall a time when we were supplying Iran with arms, fighters and training. It's a vicious circle. Friends - enemies- friends - enemies.

Exactly. I don't see many folks turning up their noses at AK-47's. A good firearm is just that.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I'm interested in one.

Steyr quote on their S-A1 trigger "Reset Action System. Double Action with Druckpunkt"
    Would you be able to describe their trigger/action?
    Would this be like a Para LDA(light double action) OR what other Mfg model guns could you compare it to?

The Steyr is striker fired, so, technically, it's a DA. It can be compared to most any other striker-fired poly semi. IMO, the trigger is much better than most.
    It's a light pull and breaks cleanly. It impressed me out of the box, and I haven't had any of mine worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    That story had been dis-proven:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_Mannlicher
    Dude:

Go back and read what I said. I never said that the guns they sold Iran were used to kill US Soldiers. That indeed was a false rumor. You are putting words in my mouth that I never did say.

What is absolutely true and is undeniable fact, though, is that Steyr did sell the guns to Iran, a nation that is well documented for supporting terrorists all over the Middle East, from Hezbollah in Lebanon, to insurgents in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Selling weapons to Iran DOES put US servicemen in both Iraq and Afghanistan in danger. The Ahmadinejad regime in Iran is one of the most despotic and dangerous governments on the face of the earth.

Do you not know that government rallies and meetings in Iran are begun with people chanting BOTH "Death to Israel" and "Death to America"? You ought to watch some of the coverage of such events in Iran on some of the Middle East news services. I saw Ahmadinejad address the leaders of the Iranian Air Force on one broadcast last year, where he cried "Death to America" SEVEN times before he ever even began his speech.

Tell me this: Why do you think Ahmadinejad is repeatedly proclaiming "Death to America" in front of Iran's military??? Is it because he wants them to come to America and kiss us and hold our hands??

The US government asked both Steyr, and then also the Austrian government, to block the sale to Iran. However, they both rejected Washington's request, and the sale happened. That is a FACT. That is what indeed happened. And that is NOT an act of a US ally.

If you want to give money to such a despicable and immoral company, feel free to do so. But they will never see one single cent from me. Ever.

So you are equating the pro-Western regime of the Shah of Iran, with the regime of the current religious fanatics President Ahmadinejad and Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei??? Wow, that is really something. You come across as being oblivious to world events.

The Shah was a friend to our nation. He never began his speeches by proclaiming "DEATH TO AMERICA" several times, as the current leaders do.

Do you not comprehend what a danger to world peace Iran now is, now that it is being controlled by reactionary Islamic fundamentalists??

-

Senior Moderator

How about geting it back on topic...you know...about Steyr Handguns.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    That Iran story just won't hunt. Do you own any German guns? Italian? Russian? Our military is using Berettas...the Italians were the enemy in WWII.
    Well, as I already stated, people were putting words into my mouth, and trying to make it appear that I said something that I never did, which is something that I do resent folks doing. What I said was absolutely true, beyond any reasonable doubt, as I previously explained in my earlier follow-up.

WWII is ancient history at this point in time. So that is a complete Red Herring for you to throw into this discussion. Germany and Italy are fundamentally different nations than what they were like 70 years ago. I own two Sigs and 3 Walthers that say made in Germany on them, as well as a Beretta PX4 Storm that says made in Italy on it. But I can fully assure you, that I will never buy any firearm with the Steyr logo on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links