New edition (LCR)

New edition (LCR)

This is a discussion on New edition (LCR) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I finally broke down and purchased a Ruger LCR to supplement my Glock 27 in everyday carry. I pick it up in 8 more ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New edition (LCR)

New edition (LCR)

So I finally broke down and purchased a Ruger LCR to supplement my Glock 27 in everyday carry. I pick it up in 8 more days; I also purchased a Don Hume JIT Belt slide and a Crossbreed QwikClip which should be here at around the same time I can pick up my new toy. I will definitely post pics and do a review of the LCR + Qwikclip combo because I couldn't find a lot of info or reviews on it. The Qwikclip looks perfect for the LCR. Its minimal and tuckable which is nice, I must tuck, my dresscode at work is business casual everyday.

I love my Glock to death, especially its power and accuracy, but with an athletic build (6'0, 167lbs), fitted shirts and slacks, it makes it difficult to carry everyday, even with a good gun belt, it is simply a bit too heavy and bulky for me during the summer. The LCR looks to be less weight on my belt, less bulky, and less print overall tucked in my wasteband.

I will update with pics and a review as soon as I receive my new piece!

Good choice on the LCR! Please post some pics with teh Qwickclip as I am interested in how it might work. Regarding work, I am in the same boat. I pocket carry my LCR every day...

good choice! looking forward to a review and pics!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

GM
    Congrats on the LCR.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I had to sell my last LCR because of bills that had to be payed.But I should have another one in a couple of weeks.The LCR is a great carry gun.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Congrats on the LCR.

Distinguished Member
    Congrats. This firearm is on my wish list. I am anxious to see pics of the quick clip in action.

Also your impression about carry-ability and comfort between the 27 and the LCR. i.e. is it THAT much more comfortable and how does the thin-ness compare for carry. Did you consider a single stack pistol and if so why did you go to the LCR. Just curious as I have mulled all of this around recently.

cmb
    congrats, I look forward to a review, I've heard it said that followup shots are really on target b/c of the grip change, my old Colt lawman seems to do well in the hand for that better than my Taurus 85 so I look forward to hearing from the real owner and users not the paid ones...

While not the OP here....

I have had my LCR for about 6 months and have just over 500 rounds thorough it. in a word "AWSOME".

I am a GLock guy, either a 19 or a 26. I have countless rounds through the Glock platform and would consider myself as totally committed to the platform. No wheel gun experience to speak of.

The first time to the range with the LCR was great. I could pick that gun up, first time, and place all my rounds in a nice group at 21' with little effort. As I worked more and more with it, I can pull all 5 rounds as fast as I can fire, and put about a baseball sized group on papaer. Its EASY to shoot effectivly.

Regarding the carry-ability of the LCR vs. the Glock 26/27 it is pretty substantial for me. I carry my Glocks IWB at 4 o'clock. The LCR in the pocket dissappears, belt holster disappears, AIWB/IWB its gone. Totally different animal due to its light weight and the rounded contours of the revolver.

In a word, the gun is awsome. I want to get a .357 version once they are out...

-Drew

Quote Originally Posted by Drew78 View Post
    While not the OP here....

I have had my LCR for about 6 months and have just over 500 rounds thorough it. in a word "AWSOME".

I am a GLock guy, either a 19 or a 26. I have countless rounds through the Glock platform and would consider myself as totally committed to the platform. No wheel gun experience to speak of.

The first time to the range with the LCR was great. I could pick that gun up, first time, and place all my rounds in a nice group at 21' with little effort. As I worked more and more with it, I can pull all 5 rounds as fast as I can fire, and put about a baseball sized group on papaer. Its EASY to shoot effectivly.

Regarding the carry-ability of the LCR vs. the Glock 26/27 it is pretty substantial for me. I carry my Glocks IWB at 4 o'clock. The LCR in the pocket dissappears, belt holster disappears, AIWB/IWB its gone. Totally different animal due to its light weight and the rounded contours of the revolver.

In a word, the gun is awsome. I want to get a .357 version once they are out...

-Drew
    You sound a lot like me. I love my 27 so much, but need something smaller and lighter with sufficient stopping power. I too love the way to LCR shoots. Its accuracy right out of the box is surprising for a snubbie. This will also be my first wheel-gun, can't wait to try it in the qwikclip!

Man it is getting hard not to run out and get one of these. I have handled one in the store but after 2 recent 1911 purchases my accountant (spouse) is starting to weigh in...lol. She is not as enthused as I am about firearms. Maybe next fiscal year.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Congrats. This firearm is on my wish list. I am anxious to see pics of the quick clip in action.

Also your impression about carry-ability and comfort between the 27 and the LCR. i.e. is it THAT much more comfortable and how does the thin-ness compare for carry. Did you consider a single stack pistol and if so why did you go to the LCR. Just curious as I have mulled all of this around recently.
    My impression between carrying the LCR and Glock will be a lot more detailed when I actually receive and carry the LCR but just looking at the numbers, my Glock weighs around 26 or 28 ounces loaded maybe more, and its blocky. The LCR probably ways 15 or 16 ounces at the most loaded, and its a substantially smaller package. I would imagine the LCR will be a pretty significant change.

I did consider a single stack mag auto, Walther PPS (9mm) and Kahr P9 caught my eye, however both were omitted when I saw the price tags, thats what it ultimately came down to for me. The LCR was a quality firearm the fit all of my needs for a heck of a deal. Not my mention it is significantly LIGHTER than most of those autos with just as much knock down power.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon11 View Post
    My impression between carrying the LCR and Glock will be a lot more detailed when I actually receive and carry the LCR but just looking at the numbers, my Glock weighs around 26 or 28 ounces loaded maybe more, and its blocky. The LCR probably ways 15 or 16 ounces at the most loaded, and its a substantially smaller package. I would imagine the LCR will be a pretty significant change.

I did consider a single stack mag auto, Walther PPS (9mm) and Kahr P9 caught my eye, however both were omitted when I saw the price tags, thats what it ultimately came down to for me. The LCR was a quality firearm the fit all of my needs for a heck of a deal. Not my mention it is significantly LIGHTER than most of those autos with just as much knock down power.
    Prior to getting my LCR I looked HARD at the likes of a Kahr PM9. The issue I ran into for me is that they still seem somewhat finicky, and dont draw smoothly from the pocket each and every time. The pocket .38 w/out hammer draws like butter with nothing to hang up or snag on the pocket opening....

YMMV

-Drew

The title led me to believe the was a new generation of LCR. I think you meant addition on edition.
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

Congrats on the LCR. Love mine. I'm looking forward to getting the .357 version just because the extra 4 oz of weight to help with recoil and the stainless steel construction for extra durability.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links