Ship date on Kel-Tec PF-9?

This is a discussion on Ship date on Kel-Tec PF-9? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know when Kel-Tec's redesigned pocket 9mm will be shipping?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ship date on Kel-Tec PF-9?

Ship date on Kel-Tec PF-9?

Does anyone know when Kel-Tec's redesigned pocket 9mm will be shipping?

2. Remove Ads

Supposedly July or early August. I'm putting my name down for one at the local gun shop. Firs gun I'm willing to buy without ever havin handled or shot it. :)

Same here. I'll gamble that Kel-Tec has this one running ok before they ship -- and they should, since ship date was May and then it keeps getting moved back. I'd rather them have the problems at the factory instead of me having them.
    If the gun runs, it won't even be mine. My wife already claimed it.

Hey David, we even have the same primary carry!

Yep, heard the little Colts actually ran ok, so I got one and I hope yours is as accurate as mine. Feeds everything and easy to carry.
    Checked with the distributor here and no word on Kel-Tec due date at all. I'll just keep waiting.

Any word of the August ship date?

Last I heard, on the Kel-Tec Owners Group board, it had been bumped to early September. But also, another rumor was passed around, saying they had moved a lot of workers off of other production to start producing the PF-9. The reason for delay given by an employee was "manufacturing related"...IIRC it was getting all the parts in quantity. Working for a manufacturing company I can appreciate the hurdle that is, sometimes. So perhaps now they have the parts and they are ready to start churning them out? Let's hope so! I can't wait to get mine.

A member of KTOG (who may work for KT) posted that the first production models were rolling off the line yesterday. Yea!

Yep...this was also in his (ktwm) post:

I would expect the first shipment to go out earliest in about 2 weeks. (9-25) First shipment will be small, as has been stated before, but production will ramp up fast.

Unless Your Mother...

works at KelTec...I wouldn't count on any early purchases! There might be some available for Christmas!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We live in Central Florida Retsupt. Maybe we will see a few? Probably not but I can hope. Cocoa Beach isnt that far away!
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

RTK
    Boy wouldn't that be neat to come out on Christmas morning and see a new Kel-Tec PF-9 sitting under the tree! It would be just like being a kid again. I going to get my letter to Santa early this year.

RTK

Cool Kel -Tec PF-9

I am going over to the factory Monday and nose around some. I got a few things I want pick up. My supplier said they are all ready backed up on orders. They had some last mintue problems. Just about everybody I talked to wants one. I just got the 3AT and it is one fine little gun. I found out one thing at the range the other day. This is a point shoot gun. Forget about aiming it. LEO friend calls it a smell their breath gun. I got a laugh out of that one.

You might be a Redneck if: You've ever pruned your trees with a shotgun.

if they don't hurry I'm gonna get a P-11 instead. They planned this on me. Then I'll have to get the pf-9 too! Oh cruel world, why?
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Just shot a P3AT for the first time this weekend...my father in laws. I know its designed for close quarters, but, bearing in mind I am a beginner and don't do enough shooting to be that great, I was doing GREAT with the P3AT from 7 and 15 yards. There are very few scenarios of self-defence I can envision that I will encounter where I fire at 15 yards (if I'm defending someone else, odds are I would close if possible), but its nice to know that even with that little gun I can place them where I aim it. Its an accurate gun, you just need to be able to see that tiny front sight, and keep it where it needs to be throughout that looooooong trigger pull. It jammed on us a couple times...may need a good polish of the feed ramp. Simple failure to feed issue. But wow can that gun disappear in a pocket!

It all makes me excited to get my PF-9, though. Should be a great gun if well cared for!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links