H&K p2000sk - Finally brought it to the range and WOW!!

This is a discussion on H&K p2000sk - Finally brought it to the range and WOW!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After having it for over 9 months (NIB) and waiting to give it a test drive. I got a free afternoon last week and put ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&K p2000sk - Finally brought it to the range and WOW!!

H&K p2000sk - Finally brought it to the range and WOW!!

After having it for over 9 months (NIB) and waiting to give it a test drive. I got a free afternoon last week and put about 200 rounds through her. And WOW !! What a sweet little shooter. Super accurate, low recoil (9mm), and not a hicup. I would recommend this baby to anyone. Of course its an H&K so that should speak volumes for the quality of the piece. Conceals great it my High Noon Mr. Softy. Will keep you posted.. Sig.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Best carry gun I've ever used. Enjoy.

It's probably the best carry gun I have had, as well. Extremely reliable, low recoil with even "hot" 9mm rounds, accurate, easily disassembled. The ambidextrous controls make it a joy to be a left-hander, at last.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

GM
    Glad that you like it. Enjoy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I agree with your accessment....it is a top gun. Put a RSS laser on mine.

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

So does a standard P2000/USP Compact mag also fit in the P2000SK? Looks nice! Now stop it. You're making me want one...

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MtflyerHK View Post
    So does a standard P2000/USP Compact mag also fit in the P2000SK?
    Yes.

Hey guys...I'm new here, and have kinda been out of the "loop" for a couple of years. Can somebody give me some idea how this pistol is size-wise, compared to a Glock 26/27 for example? I really like the looks of it, and the idea of the .357 SIG (and of course the .40 too). I've been a fan of the .357 SIG since it first came out, and was considering getting a G33 for CCW, but might have to give this a look too! Thanks in advance for your help!--John

Quote Originally Posted by jrmcanine View Post
    Can somebody give me some idea how this pistol is size-wise, compared to a Glock 26/27 for example?
    Similar, with the G26 coming in slightly trimmer in all measurements.

• P2000SK 9mm -- 6.42in L, 4.61in H, 1.28in W, 21.2oz.
    • Glock 26 9mm -- 6.29in L, 4.17in H, 1.18in W, 19.8oz.

I've carried both holstered IWB and can say that they don't feel much different. Both have a similar "boxy" feel to them. Both take up about the same space on the hip. The weight is nearly identical. The added half-inch in height makes a difference for smaller hands. Particularly with the "pinkie finger extension" floor plates on the P2000SK magazines, I'm able to get all of my fingers onto the grip, whereas the last finger can't quite fit with the G26.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

OK CCW...thanks for the info. I carried a G27 for several years off-duty and BUG, so that gives me a good idea of what we're talking about. I didn't mind the "boxy" feel for the first bit with the Glock, not sure how I would like the H&K. It at least looks like the rear of the slide is "melted" a little more, whereas my biggest problem (regardless of holster for IWB) with the G27 was the right-rear corner of the slide seemed to poke out no matter what I did! I'm wondering if the more rounded rear of the H&K might help there? I never really "minded" the width on the 27 if I could have just done something about that ONE corner wanting to stick out..lol.

I love mine so much I have 2, one in 9mm and one in .40S&W. The .40 has a bit more recoil but I love the fit and feel so much of these pistols. The standard short mags (I've ordered the flat base plates for them) will be perfect for CC and I also have USP mags that hold 13 and 12 rounds; both with flat base plates as well, that feel great with the X-Grip extension.

Ruger: SR9, SR9C
    S&W: M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 15 Sport
    Glock: G20 SF

Quote Originally Posted by jrmcanine View Post
    I didn't mind the "boxy" feel for the first bit with the Glock, not sure how I would like the H&K. It at least looks like the rear of the slide is "melted" a little more, whereas my biggest problem with the G27 was the right-rear corner of the slide seemed to poke out no matter what I did! I'm wondering if the more rounded rear of the H&K might help there?
    Whether individual portions of a pistol will dig into your hand or hip during usage will only be known once you use it. It's almost impossible to guess that it'll do that based on dialog, with a gun in which few if any people are experiencing the same thing.

For me, given the specific size/shape of my hand and fingers, as well as the angle at which my fingers work best with the grip and trigger, I find the magazine release a bit tougher to use on the P2000SK than other pistols that use the "normal" mag release button (ie, the type used on 1911's). It seems to be just me, since I've found nobody else that has a problem with it. And, mostly, it seems to be the angle at which the finger presses the button. Do it right, and the magazine drops free every time. For me, it's just been a matter of time to get used to it. Otherwise, everything works flawlessly well.

When I said "boxy" I meant the square-ish shape to the gun in the hand. Though, as you point out, the P2000SK does have rounder edges, smoother/rounder controls. It does not pinch and poke quite so much as the Glocks. But then these pistols are all fairly good. It's hard to call any of them sharp and pointy in a way that's comparable to, say, a 1911 with sharper edges that hasn't been "melted" for carry. These all come pre-melted, in a sense.

My suggestion: if everything feels good with a P2000SK, pick one up and start using it. It's the only way to really tell if it'll have little areas that will poke and prod. Worst case is, if you don't like it, is that you sell it for something else. There are worse things.

By the way, the H&K P2000, USP and P30 pistols are ones in which folks that run the .357 SIG caliber simply love the gun. I seriously considered the .357 SIG instead of 9mm, but I opted for 9mm in the end. I figured the dead-nuts reliability of H&K's in general would be sufficient. So far, it's been a wonderful pistol. Love it.

Enjoy!
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Love my P2000sk in .40 sweet shooter... But my favorite EDC is my USP Compact in .40. Sold all my Glocks all I carry now is Hk's

sig1860: Have you been able to shoot it further, or even gone so far as to start carrying it? Any further comments on its reliability, suitability?

And WOW !! What a sweet little shooter. Super accurate, low recoil (9mm), and not a hicup. I would recommend this baby to anyone.
    It's fairly wonderful. Agreed. H&K P2000SK 9mm V2/LEM, here. While the LEM trigger takes a bit of getting used to, I find it refreshing to be away from the decocking lever after nearly 20yrs of them. Simple, powerful, easy to reach all controls, easy to strip/reassemble, incredibly reliable. It's too big for pocket carry, really, even with my voluminous cargo pants and their cavernous pockets. It works, but it's silly-big. Still, with the right holster, it's one sweet carry gun, no doubt.

Congratulations on the great gun! Welcome to the H&K fold.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

My HK P2000 SK is a V3 in 9mm. It's a superior pistol, accurate and reliable.

Mine is a real tack driver -- which is a bit amazing given it's short barrel.

I love HK handguns.

Here is a picture of the SK when she first came home with me about two months ago.

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links