pic request - S&W M&P 40 or 9 Compact concealed

This is a discussion on pic request - S&W M&P 40 or 9 Compact concealed within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking about getting a S&W M&P 9mm or .40 Compact but I'm not sure if it will conceal well do to the thickness. If ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pic request - S&W M&P 40 or 9 Compact concealed

I'm thinking about getting a S&W M&P 9mm or .40 Compact but I'm not sure if it will conceal well do to the thickness.

If you carry one I'd love to hear some feedback and see some concealed pics if possible

I'd be looking to conceal it under a t-shirt

Thanks!

kpw
    If they are concealed pics...how are ya gonna see it?

Seriously, under a Tshirt a high ride pancake or decent IWB will make it practically disappear as long as your not wearing a tightly fitted shirt.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I have the 40. I use either a Comp-tac MTAC (IWB)
    http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95 or their Gladiator OWB http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...roducts_id=101

Both conceal well. I have used the OWB with a T shirt and no probem. I also use a galco ankle lite sometimes and ankle carry.

Very concealable in a good iwb or high ride owb; much more so with the short magazine (non pinkie extended). The width is more your tolerance to it. I think it's fine. A thiner gun may feel a little more comfortable. The wider M&P and Glocks give you more rounds and seem more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    Very concealable in a good iwb or high ride owb; much more so with the short magazine (non pinkie extended). The width is more your tolerance to it. I think it's fine. A thiner gun may feel a little more comfortable. The wider M&P and Glocks give you more rounds and seem more reliable.
    thanks guys.. yeah i've been debating whether or not to get a little keltec pf9 or something beefier like the S&W M&P .40. I guess the main thing that I'm hung up on is the thickness

I bought my daughter an M&P 9c,they aren't any thicker than most pistols,Glocks,XD,and others run right around 1" thick more or less,some guns get down to a little over 3/4" but 1/4" isn't really a whole lot,I'm working on a "pink" holster for one as I type this
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I bought my daughter an M&P 9c,they aren't any thicker than most pistols,Glocks,XD,and others run right around 1" thick more or less,some guns get down to a little over 3/4" but 1/4" isn't really a whole lot,I'm working on a "pink" holster for one as I type this
    yeah you make a great point... really what is 1/4 inch. I think I might take the plunge... I can always sell it if I don't like it.

I'd love to hear about your M&P carry rigs... keep 'em coming

I carry a 9C with a Comp-Tac MTAC Minataur IWB under a loose T-shirt and it conceals fine.
    Same for a 9 F.S.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

VIP Member
    Minataur Neutral Cant Concealed

And Revealed

AKJ Concealco Concealed

AKJ Draw

AKJ on left and Comp-Tac Minataur on right. Notice that I remove one of the stabalizers from the Comp-Tac and replace the other with a loop. And I removed a loop from the AKJ.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Minataur Neutral Cant Concealed

And Revealed

AKJ Concealco Concealed

AKJ Draw

AKJ on left and Comp-Tac Minataur on right. Notice that I remove one of the stabalizers from the Comp-Tac and replace the other with a loop. And I removed a loop from the AKJ.
    thanks for the pics! man that thing disappears. Does it poke your belly when you sit down?

VIP Member
    It conceals remarkably easily.

The Minataur with its leather sweat guard is the more comfortable of the two. But it's the one that shows a crease in the top photo. The shirt is Xtra Small with not much extra room, and I'm lifting my hands and not hunching to conceal.

It doesn't poke in the belly as the handle runs off toward the hip. But the slide / barrel part when I sit for any length of time is uncomfortable in the inguinal crease in any but loose pants. So it can feel thick, there.

The reason that I took the back loops off is to remove the holster from my waist when I'm driving in my bucket seat. The rig is still attached by loop to my belt and in my lap ready for a two-hand draw with one hand holding the bottom side of the holster. Otherwise, for long trips, I have a Fist Driving Holster. It is an excellent holster, and I'm thinking about how to make the holster appropriate for most of my carry.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I'm on travel now so no pics. But, been carrying the 9c in minatour holster and very happy. I'm 5'7" and 140 lbs and can conceal with most shirts (incl t-shirts) that aren't tight without printing. Btw the smaller size grip is slightly narrower.

I have the 40c and it conceals like a dream. Buy a good holster, you won't regret the extra cash.

I'm only about 5'9" 145lbs and conceal a compact 9 OWB in a raven concealment holster. I can do it under a "slim fit" shirt even with the pinkey extension. I carry it straight drop owb at 3 O'Clock on a wilderness tactical 5 stitch belt.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

VIP Member
    I carry my 9c in an off brand Italian made single clip IWB holster. I was hesitant about it only being one clip, but brother does that thing stay on good!!!
    I carry in approximately the 8 o'clock,(lefty) position

Buy it , you won't be dissapointed. It shoots great, and is marginally bigger than My Kel Tec p11, but it does have it far outweighed in that catagory. Very well made firearm.
    Attached Images
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links