Ruger SR9C any opions?

Ruger SR9C any opions?

This is a discussion on Ruger SR9C any opions? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking of gettin A sr9c just looking for opions on them. any problems with them? i love my p95....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR9C any opions?

Ruger SR9C any opions?

I'm thinking of gettin A sr9c just looking for opions on them. any problems with them? i love my p95.

Great pistol, low recoil, very accurate and the new and improved trigger group is exactly what it should have been on the full sized, perfect :)
    HK: P30 v3
    S&W: M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 15 Sport
    Glock: G20 SF

Love it. IMO prefect carry size..you can get a full grip on it without the pinky hanging off the bottom...also one of the thinner guns out there..noticeably thinner than Glock,XD or M&P, great ergonomics, soft shooter, reliable(ive got 1100 rds through it give or take a box now that have been flawless)...can ask for much more IMO..

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    also one of the thinner guns out there..noticeably thinner than Glock,XD or M&P,
    According to the numbers on rugers site it's actually thicker then a comparable Glock 9mm.

SR9C -1.27
    G26/19 -1.18
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Retired the 1911 to house duty. The SR9C, was proven a week a two ago and now rides all the time. Awesome gun. Some complain about serrations on the stainless model. In my opinion if some tries to grab it, those serrations will cause them to pause when dig into the hand. Enough time for you to recover and do what you need to do. Good pistol, worth it.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

I have shot several types of ammo through mine with no problems. It is my EDC, and I love it.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

cmb
    Just read a favorable review of it from Gun tests Magazine, flexible with a 9+1deep conceal or 17+1 carry option, it is probably measure width wise to its ambi safeties, seems like a good gun, I have loved every Ruger I have ever owned! I thought I wanted an XDM but this provides more options...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    According to the numbers on rugers site it's actually thicker then a comparable Glock 9mm.

SR9C -1.27
    G26/19 -1.18
    Yes Rollo...and as I said last time thats because those(poor) readings are taken at the outside of the safety NOT the barrel/slide/grips..the safety is realtively small and hinders nothing for CC but if you were to act as if it was to the outside of the safety wide it WOULD be a wide gun but its not because the safety is pretty small..I wish someone would actually measure the REAL dimensions like the grips and barrel..I can 100% GUARANTEE the SR9c is thinner..I did a A/B when I traded the Glock 23 in and the slide is thinner just by sitting them side by side and the grip is a LOT thinner..unfortunately some dillrod took some poor measurements on the SR9c that people are now using to try to act as if its a thicker gun its probably closer to 1911 size in width and as I said no matte that some poor measurements say its THINNER than the Glock,XD or M&P.

Yes Rollo...and as I said last time thats because those(poor) readings are taken at the outside of the safety NOT the barrel/slide/grips..the safety is realtively small and hinders nothing for CC but if you were to act as if it was to the outside of the safety wide it WOULD be a wide gun but its not because the safety is pretty small..I wish someone would actually measure the REAL dimensions like the grips and barrel..I can 100% GUARANTEE the SR9c is thinner..I did a A/B when I traded the Glock 23 in and the slide is thinner just by sitting them side by side and the grip is a LOT thinner..unfortunately some dillrod took some poor measurements on the SR9c that people are now using to try to act as if its a thicker gun its probably closer to 1911 size in width and as I said no matte that some poor measurements say its THINNER than the Glock,XD or M&P.
    I'm not saying your wrong but it seems strange to me that Ruger would measure incorrectly as width a primary dimension people take into account for a pistol like this. I would be interested to know the real dimensions as well.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Love it. IMO prefect carry size..you can get a full grip on it without the pinky hanging off the bottom...also one of the thinner guns out there..noticeably thinner than Glock,XD or M&P, great ergonomics, soft shooter, reliable(ive got 1100 rds through it give or take a box now that have been flawless)...can ask for much more IMO..
    i hate when you cant get a full grip! i have that problem with my kel tec p-11.

i put it side by side with a g19 and it feels alot thiner. and i thought the trigger pull was smoother also

Another fan of the Ruger SR9c.....
    I like it almost more then my SIG P229! (Real close)

Lateck,

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I'm not saying your wrong but it seems strange to me that Ruger would measure incorrectly as width a primary dimension people take into account for a pistol like this. I would be interested to know the real dimensions as well.
    yeah its irritating when they give semi skewed dimensions..you would thing at the least they would give 2 dimensions or at least the more "favorable" ones lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jwa72769 View Post
    i hate when you cant get a full grip! i have that problem with my kel tec p-11.
    Me too thats why I dont like the Glock 26/27(the no full grip AND the grips are just too fat) I know you can BUY extra extensions and stuff..but with the Ruger they come FREE it has a little pinky extender that goes on the bottom of the mag if you need it...no charge lol..
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links