New Favorable Review of the SIG P238 Posted on GUNBLAST.COM

This is a discussion on New Favorable Review of the SIG P238 Posted on GUNBLAST.COM within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The folks at GunBlast.com have just posted a very detailed and favorable review of the SIG P238 on their website. Anyone that is interested in ...

Thread: New Favorable Review of the SIG P238 Posted on GUNBLAST.COM

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

The folks at GunBlast.com have just posted a very detailed and favorable review of the SIG P238 on their website. Anyone that is interested in this little pistol should check it out.

Here is a link to the complete review:

http://www.gunblast.com/SIG-P238.htm
    Last edited by JD; July 31st, 2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Removed copyrighted photos.

Hope Sig finally gets this one right. Mine was nothing but trouble and Sig CS was even worse. Silly me thought it would be just like other Sig's. If it have ever proved reliable in 1,400 rounds and 3 attempts by Sig to fix it I would be carrying right now. Instead I have the Kahr P380 and a replacement NIB Sig P238 that has been sitting for months. Lots of recent troubles noted with the HD models, looks like Sig is sending out the fixed ones this week, and they do seem to work, though the slides are heavier and wider, I would not be happy if that were me.

I still hold out hope that they get this worked out, wonderful gun when it shot. Sounds like a lot better success with those mfg after April of 2010. The trigger just gets better over time, pains me that Sig could not make mine work. Oh well, hope my brother pays me for the NIB one and that it works flawlessly for him.

Thumbs up to my 380. I love the mini 1911 platform. My main carry is a 1911 ES by Smith and Wesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint Ridge View Post
    Hope Sig finally gets this one right. Mine was nothing but trouble and Sig CS was even worse. Silly me thought it would be just like other Sig's. If it have ever proved reliable in 1,400 rounds and 3 attempts by Sig to fix it I would be carrying right now. Instead I have the Kahr P380 and a replacement NIB Sig P238 that has been sitting for months. Lots of recent troubles noted with the HD models, looks like Sig is sending out the fixed ones this week, and they do seem to work, though the slides are heavier and wider, I would not be happy if that were me.
    I cannot fault you at all with going with the Kahr P380 It is one neat handgun. My own pocket carry gun is its bigger brother, the PM9. The DAO trigger pull on the Kahr handguns is really sweet too. While it is quite long and rather heavy, it is oh so smooth and breaks crisply. And the Crimson Trace LaserGuard for the P380 is a much superior design than the laser that SIG themselves developed for the P238.

Gunblast did a great review on the Kahr P380 last year.

Interestingly, the P380 bested the P238 in velocity in every load GUNBLAST.COM tested. Just compare the two reviews, and you will notice this.

Here is a link to the Kahr P380 review from last year:

http://www.gunblast.com/Kahr-P380.htm
    Last edited by JD; July 31st, 2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: removed copyrighted photos.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I cannot fault you at all with going with the Kahr P380 It is one neat handgun. My own pocket carry gun is its bigger brother, the PM9. The DAO trigger pull on the Kahr handguns is really sweet too. While it is quite long and rather heavy, it is oh so smooth and breaks crisply. And the Crimson Trace LaserGuard for the P380 is a much superior design than the laser that SIG themselves developed for the P238.

Gunblast did a great review on the Kahr P380 last year.

Interestingly, the P380 bested the P238 in velocity in every load GUNBLAST.COM tested. Just compare the two reviews, and you will notice this.

Here is a link to the Kahr P380 review from last year:

http://www.gunblast.com/Kahr-P380.htm
    Thanks, interesting. Yeah probably should have done the PM9, but not sorry about the P380 - I almost forget I am carrying it most times. Who knows may just have to get the PM9 or PM45.
    Last edited by JD; July 31st, 2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Removed copyrighted photos.

GM
    I have absolutely nothing against the SIG P238; I think it is a very neat pistol. But it does not surprise me at all that Mr. Jeff Quinn writes a positive review about it (or about any other firearm); I have never read a negative firearm review written by him. If you have read one of his reviews then you have read all of them.
    Last edited by GM; July 31st, 2010 at 11:45 AM.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    I have absolutely nothing against the SIG P238; I think it is a very neat pistol. But it does not surprise me at all that Mr. Jeff Quinn writes a positive review about it (or about any other firearm); I have never read a negative firearm review written by him. If you have read one of his reviews then you have read all of them.
    Good point. I've yet to see a negative review there either.

Still, he is pretty through, and often has a lot of good info and insights in his commentary. Plus he posts lots of good photos.

Sponsored Links