Should I buy a seecamp .32?

This is a discussion on Should I buy a seecamp .32? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've always thought I wanted one and found a new one at a local dealer. Now I'm starting to think twice about a .32 for ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Should I buy a seecamp .32?

Should I buy a seecamp .32?

I've always thought I wanted one and found a new one at a local dealer. Now I'm starting to think twice about a .32 for self defense. I don't carry 2 guns so it wont be a bug. It would conceal great. What do you think?

2. Remove Ads

I have a Seecamp .32 and its a very nice gun. The build quality is extremely high and it's extremely small. The only real downside is that they can be finicky when it comes to ammunition since it was originally built around the Winchester Silver Tip round. I use Federal Hydrashocks in mine and have not had any issues. That being said, I'm much more comfortable carrying a pocket .380ACP like my Ruger LCP or Kahr P380. I'm also a big fan of Crimson Trace lasers, so I have one on each.

I've always wanted a Seecamp .380, but I've never seen one in person.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I've used one for many years. It is very easy to carry in those times when a CCW is not easy to hide. It has proven reliable and amazingly accurate. I rely on it to be what it's designed for, self protection from a close attack on my person, nothing more. The Seecamp main and valuable features are it's tiny size, and reliability, coupled with the "surprise, you didn't know I am armed" nature of it's concealability. I've never been a caliber warrior, I figure most any hole poked in someone has a deleterious effect.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    These are VERY well-made pistols, and customer service is second to none in the industry. On the forum accessed through the Seecamp website, Larry Seecamp will even post his mobile phone number!

Having said that, for me, my LWS-32 is a special occasion pistol, not my regular carry gun. I have a badge, and swore an oath to defend more than just myself, so I might be compelled to take the fight to the enemy, and there may be several of them. Whether I will be happy toting a .32 pocket pistol after I retire remains to be seen.

Ex Member
    A .32 is a BIT small to bet your life on.

I hear the Seecamp .380 is the same size as the .32. I'd go for the .380.
    The problem is finding one at a reasonable price. The factory is no longer accepting orders even if you don't mind waiting two years.
    All the ones coming out of the factory seem to be going to dealers who put them on Gunbroker where they sell in the $1000+ range.
    (They're always for sale there if you have the cash)
    To me, it's not a $1000 gun.

The Seacamp was the first little pocket pistol I really wanted but could never find locally. I never ended up with one due to the PPK purchase I made instead. IMO, if the little guy will handle this load from Buffalo Bore or something of similar horse power I could see it definitely be a useful carry option. I have no experience with it but have read many post that the ammo selection can be very selective, and it may not be rated for the hot loads (+p stuff). Either way it's still a neat little pistol to have in the collection. FWIW
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    IMO, if the little guy will handle this load from Buffalo Bore or something of similar horse power I could see it definitely be a useful carry option. I have no experience with it but have read many post that the ammo selection can be very selective, and it may not be rated for the hot loads (+p stuff). Either way it's still a neat little pistol to have in the collection. FWIW
    - Per the Seecamp forum, +P ammunition is definitely not recommended.

Administrator
    Seecamp .380 Expect to pay $1,200 or more.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Try before you buy...I was keen on one till I shot one...couldn't hit air with it...so I stuck with my 442 snub...can't think of a time it was too big to conceal anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    i've always thought i wanted one and found a new one at a local dealer. Now i'm starting to think twice about a .32 for self defense. I don't carry 2 guns so it wont be a bug. It would conceal great. What do you think?
    yes

from an owner
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

If you are going for a Seecamp type pistol look towards the NAA Guardian line. Much better prices and very well built. Made in .32 ACP, .32 NAA and .380. Usually run around 400 new. The .32NAA is a dandy round it is a .380 neck down to .32 cal. Pushes out of that little barrel at 1200 fps.
    itschuck likes this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Seacamps are beutifully made pistols. 32ACP is a bit light for a primary carry pistol, but it will get the job done with multiple well placed hits. If this pistol is calling your name, buy it. However, do check out the NAAs before you pull out your wallet.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I also owned a North American Guardian .380. It was definitely a well built gun, but the Seecamp is much more polished overall. Unfortunately, I sold it a few years ago because it was too heavy for me to comfortably pocket carry (~18.72 oz. unloaded) and I couldn't get it to feed any brand of JHP reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    Try before you buy...I was keen on one till I shot one...couldn't hit air with it...so I stuck with my 442 snub...can't think of a time it was too big to conceal anyway.....
    This is why i'm a little hesitant. I have a Ruger lcr that packs a bigger punch. Pockets ok. Wants and needs don't always go together. If you hesitate on a Seecamp it'l be gone. Thanks for the replies.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links