Dang Taurus - Page 2

Dang Taurus

This is a discussion on Dang Taurus within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After working at a gun shop that sold a lot of handguns I have to say that Taurus is one brand I just could not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dang Taurus

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    After working at a gun shop that sold a lot of handguns I have to say that Taurus is one brand I just could not carry as a defensive firearm if another choice is available. I love the PT145 for its good looks and small size. However, they just seem to have too many quality control issues. If they were just made a little bit better they would be excellent guns.

Most of the PT145's I sold either came back for service or were soon sold or traded for another gun. A lot of the Taurus revolvers we had in stock had cylinder lock-up problems. Some were sold to customers that still have them and have been happy with their purchase. Its just hit and miss quality.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy9TA View Post
    Ya know its gotta drive the taurus-haters crazy when they read threads like this..

Kind of like an anti- reading a story where someone used a gun to save a life. They just can't imagine such a thing is possible.
    It doesn't bother me a bit. I'm very happy to hear of any gun owner with any brand who is satisfied and that goes for Taurus, as well. My luck with them wasn't so great, but it doesn't mean that I wish any ill on others. Congrats to the OP.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I now own two Glocks one 26 I shoot alot, and a brand new 19 not shot yet. I also have a PT111 and a 24/7 pro. I don't have a problem with my Taurus pistols......Lots to love about glock though.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Mark my words, someone praising the bull on this thread will be bitching and complaining about the bull in the next six months. They funny thing is, I won't hold it against them or bust the balls about it as I will be genuinely sorry they are having issues.
    Have you watched Lima's video?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Have you watched Lima's video?
    I have a couple times, but not a follower. Are you referencing her problems with the 4th Gen Glock? I don't have a high opinion of them and would recommend a 3rd Gen or M&P any day of the week.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I must have gotten a "hit" Taurus. I've got 1,100 flawless rounds through my PT709. Accurate, small, light, and never an issue of any kind. I bought it because it fit my specific carry need perfectly and my expectations have been exceeded. It's my only Taurus out of 11 handguns. I've been very fortunate with all of my handguns (2 S&W, 3 Ruger, 1 Springer, 1 Bersa, 1 Taurus, 2 Tanfoglio, 1 H&R). My Ruger P95 is the handgun that I'm able to be most accurate with from any reasonable handgun distance. Not small enough to CC, but a great shooter and groundhog gun. Headshots on groundhogs from 35 to 40 yards are not a problem with it. The grounds superintendant at the golf course is wanting me to get them all. Late in the evening when the course is empty (country course, no houses), we tag 'em and bag 'em with the P95.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I must have gotten a "hit" Taurus. I've got 1,100 flawless rounds through my PT709. Accurate, small, light, and never an issue of any kind. I bought it because it fit my specific carry need perfectly and my expectations have been exceeded. It's my only Taurus out of 11 handguns. I've been very fortunate with all of my handguns (2 S&W, 3 Ruger, 1 Springer, 1 Bersa, 1 Taurus, 2 Tanfoglio, 1 H&R). My Ruger P95 is the handgun that I'm able to be most accurate with from any reasonable handgun distance. Not small enough to CC, but a great shooter and groundhog gun. Headshots on groundhogs from 35 to 40 yards are not a problem with it. The grounds superintendant at the golf course is wanting me to get them all. Late in the evening when the course is empty (country course, no houses), we tag 'em and bag 'em with the P95.
    Man the p95 is such a great shooter built like a tank!!!

Yep, I bought an older model from a pawn shop, so no idea how many rounds are through it. Durable and reliable describes all 3 of my Rugers (P95, Police Service Six, and SP101). A whole fleet of tanks!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Welcome to the forum neighbor!!
    Hey, thanks man! I've been lurking long enough figured it was about time to start running my trap..

I too used to stick up for Taurus until it broke and then I had to deal with them. None of my glocks springers smiths or bhps have ever had issues. Great warranty crappy customer service and poor quality. You really do get what you pay for. I was stupid enough to do it twice too

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    My shop sells a lot of taurus handguns! And honestly we have had next to no problems with them. which is better than I can say for some other companies that I deal with. We take a lot of guns on trade and for what it is worth our used section is 30% taurus handguns. Our new handgun selection is around 60-65% taurus.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I own two Tauri, a SS PT24/7, 40 S&W and and a Blue PT709, 9mm. The 24.7 is a great pistol, never had any problems with it. It just shoots. However, the 709 has been a different issue. I have had it over a year, initially I wanted to like the gun, but it had this nagging issue of almost continuous FTEs. It didn't matter what ammo or weight. I sent it back to Taurus for repair. They replaced the ejector and shipped it back to me, at no charge. I have put about 200 rounds through it, mainly Rem and AE, of 115gr and 124gr weights, without any FTEs. I am starting to like the 709 again. I will continue to take it to the range. I want to be able to feel that it is reliable enough for CCW carry. Time will tell...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links