Kel Tec P-11 9mm...what's the word?

This is a discussion on Kel Tec P-11 9mm...what's the word? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been seeing these around and was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with them. They "look" and "feel" like a great alternative to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel Tec P-11 9mm...what's the word?

Kel Tec P-11 9mm...what's the word?

Been seeing these around and was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with them. They "look" and "feel" like a great alternative to the common .380 pocket gun.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    A lot of people are very happy with them and they are a good choice for a small 9mm, myself I could never get used to the long heavy trigger pull so I traded for another pistol that worked for me.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

great gun. i have one as well as several other keltecs. they are great on price point. I trust mine. As posted above some have issues with trigger, and if you are comparing to a glock or m&p or the like you will not be satisfied with this gun. But is is a DAO pistol with the trigger pull as the only safety. This is not a range gun, but a good double stack carry gun. This is my double stack carry gun, i have a Pf9 i love as well however this one is much more tough, i don not baby it near as much. if you get one go HC.

VIP Member
    Pocket carry mine daily in the summer love it but not a great range gun 20 or 30 rounds and I'm done.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with finding a bargin handgun and there are ceratinly some out there, but you get what you pay for and there is a reason Kel Tec's sell at the price point they do. Save your pennies and purchase a higher quality handgun.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

cj
    Discussed fairly frequently. Generally, opinion tends to be: Rather heavy, long trigger, small and lightweight so packs a pretty good recoil. Personally, I love the capability of 12+1 in such a tiny package...but the trigger takes a LOT of getting used to for me. If they offered a factory wide trigger rather than the trigger shoe to stick onto it, I believe it would be a much better firearm. All the same, it's frequently with me for backpacking since the weight/capacity ratio is just so darn good.

Had one for several years and loved it. Trigger was not the best but I did not buy it for a range gun. I has been replaced though......by a Kel-Tec PF9. Single stack version of the P11 with a much better trigger. Either will serve you well.....and if they don't Kel-Tec has a fantastic customer service department.

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I have had no problems with mine. I like it because I can use the mags from my S&W' (6906, 5903). I did have to put Wolff +10% springs in the magazines though.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I find the long and heavy trigger pull very comforting on a pocket carry gun with no other safety. Unlike my Glock 26, which I dearly love, I am always a little concerned with it my pocket or Smart Carry. The Kel-Tec only shoots when I mean to pull the trigger.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I love mines. I sold it then bought another one. Its my BUG and the gun that I use when I'm wearing my shirt tucked in with no other cover.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

never had a single problem with my P-11.got about 300rounds through it and not 1 misfeed.love this pistol..great choice

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phair12 View Post
    great gun. i have one as well as several other keltecs. they are great on price point. I trust mine. As posted above some have issues with trigger, and if you are comparing to a glock or m&p or the like you will not be satisfied with this gun. But is is a DAO pistol with the trigger pull as the only safety. This is not a range gun, but a good double stack carry gun. This is my double stack carry gun, i have a Pf9 i love as well however this one is much more tough, i don not baby it near as much. if you get one go HC.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mine has around 500 rnds. downrange, with no Problems!!!!!

When you learn when the trigger breaks, you'll find the pistol is relatively accurate. Hard to get over how light/small it is, and how many rounds are in the mag, then you begin to appreciate this firearm.
    It is not a range Gun

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Had mine for a year and the ejector broke - not a good feeling when you're staring at a round (seemingly) suspended in the air and your pistol is locked up. Save up another $150 and get a used Glock.

I had one and traded it off. I never had problems with it, but I hated the loooooooong trigger pull...just not my kind of 9mm. Like nedrgr21 says, get a used Glock.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

got two and never had any problems with them. both have long trigger pull, around 8 pounds. great gun for the price.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links