In praise of the P2000

This is a discussion on In praise of the P2000 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For years, I carried a P7M8 and it filled my needs nicely...but after losing the tip of middle finger shooting hand, I didn't feel as ...

Thread: In praise of the P2000

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar

In praise of the P2000

For years, I carried a P7M8 and it filled my needs nicely...but after losing the tip of middle finger shooting hand, I didn't feel as confident with it...so I traded it for a P2000....for a while, I missed my M8, but after shooting and carrying the P2000 (LEM V2), I no longer miss my M8....at 22 ounces, it is 6 ounces lighter....it also holds 5 more rounds....the LEM trigger is very smooth and first shots are very accurate....the trigger reset makes follow up shots even nicer...in my high noon mr. softy and lobo IWB, it disappears under a t-shirt...all in all, I have to say it is one fine CCW gun...and it also does double duty now on my Sam Brown as it is authorized for on-duty with the LASD. At 10 ounces lighter, I, and my lower back, don't miss my Beretta 92 either...

2. Remove Ads

jyo
    I too have found the P2000 (mine in 9) to be a compact, reliable, reasonably flat pistol that holds enough rounds to be used as a main pistol and not just a back-up. Mine is in the DA/SA version and shoots right to point of aim after drifting the rear sight a tad to the right. I use a Galco "Concealable" model OWB holster---very nice unit---for true hideout a Kahr CW9 using IWB holster is better for me.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Perhaps the best line Hk has produced. I prefer the P2000s to the newer P30.

That bottom holster, (Lobo?), looks interesting. Most of the clip-ons have no cant, but I see that one does. How do you like it?

I absolutely love my P2000 9mm LEM, and its partner a P2000sk DA/SA. The P2000 is a great size for CCW, with a nice sight radius and a good capacity. The LEM trigger is nice and smooth. I too like these better than the P30 models based on the size.

Great choice!

P2000SK V2/LEM 9mm, here. H&K makes a fabulous pistol. It was a tradeoff between the SK and its larger brother. For the first dip into H&K, I opted for the slightly smaller SK. So far, it has turned out to be an exceptional choice. Dead-nuts reliable, accurate, relatively low recoil, easy to carry. I wish it had a bit more capacity, but then that's where the Xgrip and the larger P2000 come in.

In the early days of the USP, I was never very fond of the boxy and boring and oh-so-large USP grip. At the time, I couldn't make the leap between it and the other pistols that I had shot. Of course, I have long admired H&K's ability to get the ambidextrous problem licked. Being a left-hander, that's fairly important to me. In the P2000 and -SK, H&K has nailed ambidextrous down. Why other manufacturers don't wake up to smell the coffee, I don't know. But, kudos to H&K for doing it right.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

GM
    Congrats on the HK. Enjoy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Links