Kimber CDP/ Classic Royal/ HK P7 psp/ S&W 2 in.

This is a discussion on Kimber CDP/ Classic Royal/ HK P7 psp/ S&W 2 in. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm surprised by all the stories of problems with self defense pistols. The above mentioned guns have and still do serve me very well and ...

Thread: Kimber CDP/ Classic Royal/ HK P7 psp/ S&W 2 in.

I'm surprised by all the stories of problems with self defense pistols. The above mentioned guns have and still do serve me very well and I've put many thousands of rounds thru each: at least a thousand thru the CDP, which my wife bought me two years ago, at least 3 thousand thru the Classic Royal which I've had for nearly 10 years, at least two thousand thru the HK, which I've owned for only 2 1/2 years (won't chamber lead bullets) and only about 500 rounds thru the 2 in. Smith; but then, when do they ever fail to function?? These claims of rounds fired are conservative, not exaggerations at all. I've never had a malfunction!! Yes, I've shot quality reloads part of the time and factory loads the rest. Yes, I clean the guns regularly; probably after ever hundred rounds or so on average. I carry them regularly in OWB holsters. I actually carry the HK, Smith and the CDP more than the Classic.

When I shoot them at the range, I practice real life shooting. Almost always draw from holster (except where not allowed). I do sight shooting, point shooting and a little, what would you call it.....one handed (weak and strong) bullseye shooting.

I'm writing this post not to criticize anyone, nor to crow about my guns...or just dumb luck but to seriously ask why some folks seem to be so smitten by guns that don't work as they should?

Kimber GOOD

I have for a long time wanted a Kimber, I have read all of the horror stories. but I could not get over how the CDP II Compact fit my hand. Not to mention it is a damn good looking pistol. After a year long personnal debate, on friday I bought one. Saturday morning at the range, PERFECT. first 100 rounds. Very Happy.
    CCRIDER
    Kimber Compact CDP II, Sig 220 Carry Elite, Colt New Agent,

Sig Customer Service, Stinks!

"The more I know about people the more I like my dog."

Sponsored Links