Glock G38 or G39 - Sing out if you have one.

This is a discussion on Glock G38 or G39 - Sing out if you have one. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Unfortunately the site search is still fubar and can't do much research on either model here on DC. Please sing out if you have one ...

Thread: Glock G38 or G39 - Sing out if you have one.

Glock G38 or G39 - Sing out if you have one.

Unfortunately the site search is still fubar and can't do much research on either model here on DC. Please sing out if you have one and want talk about it or show it off. Right now I am torn between the two, but am 100% sure my next gun is gonna be one or the other - probably leaning ever so slightly towards the G39.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    How come the .45 GAP? Any particular reason? No, don't own one.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I, too, have been tempted a time or two to pick a Glock in .45GAP. The caliber shoots very flat and is no more difficult to handle than .45acp. I also like the compact-frame Glocks. I seems like the perfect combination.

That is, until I start to think about the G36. It is virtually the same size as the compacts and shoots like a dream. Granted you sacrifice 2 rounds of capacity, but it is still 6+1. Nothing to shrug at. Then there is the cost. Flat out, .45acp is cheaper, and .45acp is just about the most expensive (commom) round out there.

If you just want one to have one, then great. Go for it. But, if you are looking for a carry piece, I personally would look elsewhere. Of course, that is just my opinion. You can do as you like. Isn't freedom great?

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Yes, I am already into the GAP - owning a G37 and a XD45LE. It has become my favorite round. BTW, there are some great deals out there right now on G37's. If you've ever considered, now is the time. The G37 is a pussycat!!!..just an awesome shooting machine. Many don't understand what advantages the GAP has. For example, the G39 carries just as much firepower as the G36, but is only slightly larger than a G27 = mainly the slide is a little taller...and you can add a +1 extension and carry more. I find that the 45 Gap is easier to shoot than the 45 ACP - my other 45 is a Sig P220 and I'm planning a P250 conversion to 45 acp soon. I like both!

At any rate, I'm really wanting to hear from owners of either. Guess it won't be long now before some pundit will say the proverbial "solution to a non-existent problem" - "answer to the question nobody is asking" thing again...

I had a G38 and liked it quite a bit. I had to remove the finger groves and round the bottom of the trigger guard a bit for my big mitts, but I liked the gun and loved the round. But, I just don't like the Glock grip angle, t always points high for me and I got tired of constantly adjusting for it. In the end, my friend couldn't live without it and I could, so I sold it.

Because of my large hands, I like the mini Glocks even less. Too wide, too short and too square. I feel the 19/23/38 size guns conceal just as well and are more comfortable to carry.

I really like the G39, I bought my nephew one after he got his CPL and it is a great shooting handgun. I may get one myself soon to go with the G26 and G33. I guess I have a thing for the "Baby Glocks"

I grabbed a G39 based on the cheap pricing on Gunbroker, sub 400.00 for the OD versions brand new a few months back. I absolutely love the pistol. The recoil is very mild and its the great baby Glock format. It really feels very close to a 9mm in regards to recoil. I bought enough SD and practice ammo to cover any eventualities on the platform. I highly recommend this great round.

I really would like to see this round take off. The low price of the gun is attractive. If it were me with you already having the 37 I would go for the 39...as the 38 probably isnt that much different in size than the 37 and the 39 would just give you more options overall.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm about 90% towards the G39 now. I think this will be my best bet for now and maybe consider getting a G38 later on. For those of you with a G39, do you have mag extensions on it? I've seen that many carry the G39 with the O or +1 extension and a G37 or G38 mag as a spare.

Many don't understand what advantages the GAP has. For example, the G39 carries just as much firepower as the G36, but is only slightly larger than a G27 = mainly the slide is a little taller...and you can add a +1 extension and carry more.

I wonder if a G39 slide would fit on a G27.

I had a G39 ...it was the most accurate glock I have ever shot...just not a Glock guy...great round and low recoil... Robbie

G39

I just bought the G 39 a week ago and have put about 500 rds down range and i LOVE this weapon. It is one of the most accurate weapons i have ever shot. Great for cc and recoil is low , more like a 9mm round. I highly recomend it!

" If ya cant do it with 6, ya cant do it "

Ed S.

Cheer to reviving a two and a half year old thread!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    How come the .45 GAP? Any particular reason? No, don't own one.
    I have it and love it. Normal recoil fer a 45, but pretty accurate. I am shooting a group within 4 inches at 25 yards, so i was and am very pleased with this weapon.

If you cant do it with 6 you cant do it.

Links