Defensive Carry banner

Question about Glock.

5K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  10thmtn 
#1 ·
I wonder if you please could tell me if the surface of the marked areas suppose to be like that; I am not a Glock guy. This is a brand new gun. Thanks in advance.

Product Machine

See less See more
#2 ·
The only thing I see wrong is the lack of proper lubrication. The rail will develope wear marks as soon as the weapon is discharged. The ones shown in the photos are most likely from QC testing.

I think you're g-t-g.

#9 ·
#14 ·
This is a brand new, never fired by me gun. I just got it and I have not cleaned it yet. I purchased it for more than three weeks ago, but it had pit rust and then I sent it back to Glock; I got it back for a few minutes ago. They state that they changed the locking block and cleaned it; I noticed right away that they did not use copper grease. I wonder about the marked areas because my old Glock had a perfect clean surface with not marks at all. Regardless if it affects its functionality or not, I do not want to have rust on my firearms; even less if it is a brand new gun.

Thanks for the advice. I always use Eezox and Militec-1; IMO they are the best cleaner/lube that you can get.

#10 ·
If it shoots well, I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as lube goes, I use TW-25B grease on all my guns. I only use oil where I cannot get the grease. I use "G lube" for my oil. I think Glockmeister or Top Glock sell it.

For cleaning - I've gone from Hoppes to Gunzilla...works well and does not stink up the house.:image035:

#11 ·
I just looked at my G30 and there are a couple of polished areas where the arrows indicate, probably from the barrel locking/unlocking during cycling. I quit counting rounds, so I can't tell you how many it has thru it. (1000+)

When I got it, the only place I noticed the copper grease was on the underside of the slide, at the rear. It all got cleaned off on the first range trip.

I wouldn't get concerned unless you saw heavy abrasion or gouging after firing. I run a Q-tip lightly dabbed in grease down the rails after cleaning and wipe off any visible globs.

#16 ·
I wonder if you please could tell me if the surface of the marked areas suppose to be like that; I am not a Glock guy. This is a brand new gun. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 20615 View attachment 20616
Mine doesn't have wear marks like that, but the locking block material has a sort of pitted, uneven look to it. I have 250 rounds through my G19.

#17 ·
Glock says: field strip, clean and lubricated as follows:
"1. when brand new, before the first time it is fired."

There goes the copper grease.

2. at least once a month, plus
3. after each firing, plus
4. as required...

#22 ·
Obviously the finish of a Glock’s internal parts is not what I am used to :rolleyes:, and rust on a Glock is something normal and I should not worry about it. That is what the support guy said the first time I contacted them, "it does not affect its functionality, do not worry about it" :blink:.

#23 ·
Never seen any rust on mine. Might need to keep a closer eye on it.

#24 ·
#25 ·
I personally use high temp wheel bearing grease for lube on my Glocks. Never a problem...JMO
Well, that doesn't say much. You can run a Glock bone dry. Or if you prefer, you can sneeze some boogers in there, and it should run just fine...:hand5::rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.