Bought my wife her first handgun

This is a discussion on Bought my wife her first handgun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mlomeli Can't skip the 709, already bought it. I personally like the gun. More importantly, my wife does. I'm sticking with a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought my wife her first handgun

Quote Originally Posted by mlomeli View Post
    Can't skip the 709, already bought it. I personally like the gun. More importantly, my wife does. I'm sticking with a glock, no matter what. She wanted something slim and small. .380 was out as well as a snubbie .38. Didn't like the recoil on those.

Yes, I've heard the Taurus CS complaints....blah blah blah. I've also heard the positive reviews from owners as well. Will it go bang, when it needs to...probably.
    I wont knock your selection my friend, but I will chime in on that particular statement. That should read ( Will it go bang, when it needs to...ABSOLUTELY!) There that's better... Stay safe out there!

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Ok, went to a new local gun store, new to me...first time there. I recently received my conceal permit, so I went to window shop (and hopefully pick myself up something). They just got in a used Taurus Slim 709. It was $100 off the new price. This is a gun, that I was going there to look at. My wife loved it and I couldn't pass up the price.

I have the Glock 17, so one round, different guns...is my motto. She bought me the G17 for my birthday. She suggested I trade the Glock for something smaller to conceal...ugh, I'd hate to give up my first gun...

I'm hoping she doesn't like it
    A nice pick, it we serve her well
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Why not go a little extra and get her a Kahr CW9. Same caliber, thin, light, easy to conceal, and better than the horns IMO.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    A nice pick, it we serve her well
    Whoops, I mis-read the original post and thought you got her a Glock. Good luck with the bull, hopefully it will be problem free and a good little shooter!
    Last edited by C hawk Glock; August 3rd, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Ok, went to a new local gun store, new to me...first time there. I recently received my conceal permit, so I went to window shop (and hopefully pick myself up something). They just got in a used Taurus Slim 709. It was $100 off the new price. This is a gun, that I was going there to look at. My wife loved it and I couldn't pass up the price.

I have the Glock 17, so one round, different guns...is my motto. She bought me the G17 for my birthday. She suggested I trade the Glock for something smaller to conceal...ugh, I'd hate to give up my first gun...

I'm hoping she doesn't like it
    Congratulations on getting your better half a carry pistol first off!
    On the G17. If I only had one Glock, and it was the G17, I'd seriously look at trading it in on a G19 for carry. That's just me though. If you've got several hi-cap (okay...standard) magazines to go with your G17, you shouldn't lack much on getting a brand new G19. I'm just sayin'.

Can't skip the 709, already bought it. I personally like the gun. More importantly, my wife does. I'm sticking with a glock, no matter what. She wanted something slim and small. .380 was out as well as a snubbie .38. Didn't like the recoil on those.

Yes, I've heard the Taurus CS complaints....blah blah blah. I've also heard the positive reviews from owners as well. Will it go bang, when it needs to...probably.
    I hope you don't ever have to deal with Taurus customer service. If you ever do you will find out all the blah blah blah is true. My dealing with them was 1 week from being 3 months. I know 2 people who have model 85 revolvers that have been great. Taurus does not take good care of their customers when they have a problem. Almost everyone who has had a problem has had to wait at least 2 months to get it resolved. Smith & Wesson has an average 2 week turn around,sure you may hear about someone who S&W took 2 months but that is not normal as it is with Taurus. Hopefully your 709 was not a problem child someone traded in.

GM
    Congrats on the Taurus. Enjoy it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links