Glock Glock Glock Glock Glock Glock

This is a discussion on Glock Glock Glock Glock Glock Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by NY27 WAAAAAAAHHHHH. Stop cryin'. Lol. You should really change yout name, you seem to have become a hater. You are no longer ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock Glock Glock Glock Glock Glock

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    WAAAAAAAHHHHH. Stop cryin'. Lol. You should really change yout name, you seem to have become a hater. You are no longer worthy of having Glock in your screen name.

I am not a hater by any means. I love Glocks, I just like other firearms too!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by sandman1212 View Post

Yup, first year and actually they are made out of old melted Tupperware in a toy factory over seas (Atlantis I Think). Don't worry about them though, NO ONE in their right mind would buy a plastic gun, IF they are smart. They wont be around long.
    They were the first to use rapid prototype in the design of a Glock. The first one was made of Lego's.
    Hitler once said, “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007BondJames View Post
    They were the first to use rapid prototype in the design of a Glock. The first one was made of Lego's.

Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    I have to say that I interested in picking up a full size 9mm and the grip on the new gen 4 feels pretty dang nice. I am moving back to Arkansas next week and I have some friends that are heavy into IDPA and I think I am going to get into it. Any of you Glock guys got any advice for a Glock rookie?
    Sell it and get a good 1911.
    Hitler once said, “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.”

Not to be argumentative, but I thought the first rapid prototype was Lincoln Logs?

Quote Originally Posted by 007BondJames View Post
    Sell it and get a good 1911.
    Oh man! Not the whole 1911 thing again!!!!! When does it ever stop!!!!!
    By the way the real 007 would never carry a 1911.

VIP Member
    I have to say that I interested in picking up a full size 9mm and the grip on the new gen 4 feels pretty dang nice. I am moving back to Arkansas next week and I have some friends that are heavy into IDPA and I think I am going to get into it. Any of you Glock guys got any advice for a Glock rookie?
    Here is some good advice for IDPA (I am just kidding fellow fanboys!)

VIP Member
    Oh man! Not the whole 1911 thing again!!!!! When does it ever stop!!!!!
    By the way the real 007 would never carry a 1911.
    I remember my first time seeing Gold Finger at the movies. The Walther PPK was unforgettable to me from that day on. Now, was it a .32 or a .380?

Back to 1911's. I read that if John Browning had had his way, the 1911 would have been chambered for .38 Super. Col. Thompson (of Tommy Gun fame) was on the Army Ordnance board for selection of the Army's new pistol. He insisted on more stopping power. Browning changed his design and submitted his entry chambered in .45.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    I remember my first time seeing Gold Finger at the movies. The Walther PPK was unforgettable to me from that day on. Now, was it a .32 or a .380?

Back to 1911's. I read that if John Browning had had his way, the 1911 would have been chambered for .38 Super. Col. Thompson (of Tommy Gun fame) was on the Army Ordnance board for selection of the Army's new pistol. He insisted on more stopping power. Browning changed his design and submitted his entry chambered in .45.

Actually JMB was working on a .50 cal, but had to taylor it back to .45!

Yes indeed you are correct in that he was working on the .38 super initially.

lol i've been wanting a glock since i was 17...im 24 now. finally got it.. =]

i wont limit my self to glocks only...once i get a 19 and a 30...i'll probably get a sig...=D

I usually skip Glock threads unless they are about the 10mm Glocks.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    lol i've been wanting a glock since i was 17...im 24 now. finally got it.. =]

i wont limit my self to glocks only...once i get a 19 and a 30...i'll probably get a sig...=D
    A G-17 is a fantastic first firearm, it will serve you well.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    What's wrong boys too many 1911 threads? All of the sudden there are a ton of Glock threads out of the blue!
    Well, that's good IMO. I'm still wanting to hear more about the 4th generation pistols and how they're getting along out there. Range reports and so forth. I figure most of the more recent chat has been centered around the discontinuation of some of the models.
    In the words of David Lee Roth in one of Van Halen's greatest hits songs........."everybody wants one.........I need one too!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, that's good IMO. I'm still wanting to hear more about the 4th generation pistols and how they're getting along out there. Range reports and so forth. I figure most of the more recent chat has been centered around the discontinuation of some of the models.
    In the words of David Lee Roth in one of Van Halen's greatest hits songs........."everybody wants one.........I need one too!"
    Give it another 6-12 months and the bandwagon will be rolling full steam ahead. It sounds like an easy fix the the initial small issues and I am sure Glock will get it hammered out soon.

My Gen 4 is kicking butt so far with 500 rounds in the past three days. I have the new guide rod coming, but only because it exists and it's supposed to work better (2 pounds lighter). No problems though and it'll only be better. Hopefully it'll be here when my M&P comes in this week since I don't want to run them all side by side for a range report if the weight will be affected by 2 pounds.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links