Kahr cw40 in the stable now! traded Taurus 738 away (after 3rd trip to CS)

This is a discussion on Kahr cw40 in the stable now! traded Taurus 738 away (after 3rd trip to CS) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well after a 3rd trip to Miami, I traded it away! So, I beefed up and got a Kahr cw40 for a good deal IMO. ...

Thread: Kahr cw40 in the stable now! traded Taurus 738 away (after 3rd trip to CS)

Kahr cw40 in the stable now! traded Taurus 738 away (after 3rd trip to CS)

well after a 3rd trip to Miami, I traded it away! So, I beefed up and got a Kahr cw40 for a good deal IMO. Any advice from the Kahr owners on ammo and holsters? I will follow up with a range report.

Also, I tried a search on the forum and a crazy looking error screen.
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I did a similar thing; when my TCP738 had a broken trigger within 1.5 mags, I sent it back but I went ahead and bought a Kahr PM9 with night sights. Then I sold the Taurus cheap when it came back.

As for the holster, what style of carry do you prefer?

I pocket carry the Kahr in one of these:

From here:

http://www.pocketholsters.com
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    The only recommendation is if it is a 40S&W the CW40 will feed and fire it. I have about 500 rounds through mine with no problems no matter what brand or bullet weight. Great firearm and the best DAO trigger of any I have tried. I carry mine in a Wild Bill’s Covert Carry.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    ....the best DAO trigger of any I have tried.
    Same here on my PM9. The trigger is like butter.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I prefer pocket, but that may not be an option will all my pants. So I think I may try minituck or Kholster.
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Augrunt View Post
    well after a 3rd trip to Miami, I traded it away! So, I beefed up and got a Kahr cw40 for a good deal IMO. Any advice from the Kahr owners on ammo and holsters? I will follow up with a range report.

Also, I tried a search on the forum and a crazy looking error screen.
    Great job, you killed two birds with one stone so to speak, you got rid of a turd (Taurus) and purchased a great CCW handgun (Kahr CW40). I own one an its been outstanding in every way.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I agree Pirate, I carry a CW9. The pistol I decided on when I could no longer carry a BHP all day. I also carried an XD9 service and later the XD9sc. Both are too thick! I am saving for a G19, I will be shooting a friends this Thursday. I can carry the CW9 all day in the front pocket of cargo shorts or with a Comp-Tac CTAC holster. The Kahr is outstanding, you are going to love your CW40. Many people like the Crossbreed Super Tuck, I like the Comp-Tac CTAC. I have a Crossbreed for my BHP and believe it or not the Kahr CW9 fits the Crossbreed. Both are very good holsters. The best advice I have is clean the CW40 before shooting and load from slide lock with the slide release. I have over 600 rounds through my CW9, it gets better and better!

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Sounds like a trade up to me....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

CMR
    I too have a CW40 and use a Galco Sto-N-Go holster for it during the summer time. I just ordered a DeSantis OWB for it, should get it sometime this week.
    I prefer to carry 180gr or 165gr stuff with mine, like HST.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Thanks for the assurance fellas! I can't wait to shot it. I can honestly say I gave taurus a chance. The CS treated me like crap this time. I have tried EVERY type of ammo to get the TCP 738. With it being a .380 it got to damn expensive. Then taurus tells me they shot 100 rounds flawless. I couldn't get 6 rounds without a jam. I asked them to send me 100 rounds of their magic ammo and they refused. They couldn't even tell me what brand they use. I was irate! I told the CS rep @ext 243 that if I don't get a new gun, plus ammo since I was a "beta tester" I was trading it when I get it back. Fed EX brought it @ 10 am, I was at Larry's (my LGS) at lunch. I do have a taurus 85 that I will keep. The next taurus I buy would be a ragin Bull, and I might pay $100. So yeah, I'm done with them.
    Now Kahr, don't fail me!!!!
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

The Kahr should be very reliable. I would give it a good cleaning and lubrication before your first trip to the range. Rack the slide a few dozen times. Most importantly, make SURE you load the first round using the slide release.

Quote Originally Posted by RKirk View Post
    I agree Pirate, I carry a CW9. The pistol I decided on when I could no longer carry a BHP all day. I also carried an XD9 service and later the XD9sc. Both are too thick! I am saving for a G19, I will be shooting a friends this Thursday. I can carry the CW9 all day in the front pocket of cargo shorts or with a Comp-Tac CTAC holster. The Kahr is outstanding, you are going to love your CW40. Many people like the Crossbreed Super Tuck, I like the Comp-Tac CTAC. I have a Crossbreed for my BHP and believe it or not the Kahr CW9 fits the Crossbreed. Both are very good holsters. The best advice I have is clean the CW40 before shooting and load from slide lock with the slide release. I have over 600 rounds through my CW9, it gets better and better!

-- Richard
    Here's a question I've not asked many grown men. What kinda cargo shorts do you have?
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

I own 2 CW series Kahrs, both are fantastic! I have a 9MM and .45 so I can't say about the Ammo, but Dukalmighty from the forum makes a great holster for them with excellent retention.
    Congrats on the new gun...Enjoy!
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Wrangler's from Walmart. I have then in several designer colors! ;0)

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Try looking at 5.11 tactical shorts. very deep pockets for carrying a gun.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links