Kahr cw40 in the stable now! traded Taurus 738 away (after 3rd trip to CS)

This is a discussion on Kahr cw40 in the stable now! traded Taurus 738 away (after 3rd trip to CS) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well after a 3rd trip to Miami, I traded it away! So, I beefed up and got a Kahr cw40 for a good deal IMO. ...

Thread: Kahr cw40 in the stable now! traded Taurus 738 away (after 3rd trip to CS)

well after a 3rd trip to Miami, I traded it away! So, I beefed up and got a Kahr cw40 for a good deal IMO. Any advice from the Kahr owners on ammo and holsters? I will follow up with a range report.

Also, I tried a search on the forum and a crazy looking error screen.
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

I did a similar thing; when my TCP738 had a broken trigger within 1.5 mags, I sent it back but I went ahead and bought a Kahr PM9 with night sights. Then I sold the Taurus cheap when it came back.

As for the holster, what style of carry do you prefer?

I pocket carry the Kahr in one of these:

From here:

http://www.pocketholsters.com
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    The only recommendation is if it is a 40S&W the CW40 will feed and fire it. I have about 500 rounds through mine with no problems no matter what brand or bullet weight. Great firearm and the best DAO trigger of any I have tried. I carry mine in a Wild Bill’s Covert Carry.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    ....the best DAO trigger of any I have tried.
    Same here on my PM9. The trigger is like butter.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I prefer pocket, but that may not be an option will all my pants. So I think I may try minituck or Kholster.
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Augrunt View Post
    well after a 3rd trip to Miami, I traded it away! So, I beefed up and got a Kahr cw40 for a good deal IMO. Any advice from the Kahr owners on ammo and holsters? I will follow up with a range report.

Also, I tried a search on the forum and a crazy looking error screen.
    Great job, you killed two birds with one stone so to speak, you got rid of a turd (Taurus) and purchased a great CCW handgun (Kahr CW40). I own one an its been outstanding in every way.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I agree Pirate, I carry a CW9. The pistol I decided on when I could no longer carry a BHP all day. I also carried an XD9 service and later the XD9sc. Both are too thick! I am saving for a G19, I will be shooting a friends this Thursday. I can carry the CW9 all day in the front pocket of cargo shorts or with a Comp-Tac CTAC holster. The Kahr is outstanding, you are going to love your CW40. Many people like the Crossbreed Super Tuck, I like the Comp-Tac CTAC. I have a Crossbreed for my BHP and believe it or not the Kahr CW9 fits the Crossbreed. Both are very good holsters. The best advice I have is clean the CW40 before shooting and load from slide lock with the slide release. I have over 600 rounds through my CW9, it gets better and better!

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Sounds like a trade up to me....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

CMR
    I too have a CW40 and use a Galco Sto-N-Go holster for it during the summer time. I just ordered a DeSantis OWB for it, should get it sometime this week.
    I prefer to carry 180gr or 165gr stuff with mine, like HST.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Thanks for the assurance fellas! I can't wait to shot it. I can honestly say I gave taurus a chance. The CS treated me like crap this time. I have tried EVERY type of ammo to get the TCP 738. With it being a .380 it got to damn expensive. Then taurus tells me they shot 100 rounds flawless. I couldn't get 6 rounds without a jam. I asked them to send me 100 rounds of their magic ammo and they refused. They couldn't even tell me what brand they use. I was irate! I told the CS rep @ext 243 that if I don't get a new gun, plus ammo since I was a "beta tester" I was trading it when I get it back. Fed EX brought it @ 10 am, I was at Larry's (my LGS) at lunch. I do have a taurus 85 that I will keep. The next taurus I buy would be a ragin Bull, and I might pay $100. So yeah, I'm done with them.
    Now Kahr, don't fail me!!!!
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

The Kahr should be very reliable. I would give it a good cleaning and lubrication before your first trip to the range. Rack the slide a few dozen times. Most importantly, make SURE you load the first round using the slide release.

Quote Originally Posted by RKirk View Post
    I agree Pirate, I carry a CW9. The pistol I decided on when I could no longer carry a BHP all day. I also carried an XD9 service and later the XD9sc. Both are too thick! I am saving for a G19, I will be shooting a friends this Thursday. I can carry the CW9 all day in the front pocket of cargo shorts or with a Comp-Tac CTAC holster. The Kahr is outstanding, you are going to love your CW40. Many people like the Crossbreed Super Tuck, I like the Comp-Tac CTAC. I have a Crossbreed for my BHP and believe it or not the Kahr CW9 fits the Crossbreed. Both are very good holsters. The best advice I have is clean the CW40 before shooting and load from slide lock with the slide release. I have over 600 rounds through my CW9, it gets better and better!

-- Richard
    Here's a question I've not asked many grown men. What kinda cargo shorts do you have?
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

I own 2 CW series Kahrs, both are fantastic! I have a 9MM and .45 so I can't say about the Ammo, but Dukalmighty from the forum makes a great holster for them with excellent retention.
    Congrats on the new gun...Enjoy!
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Wrangler's from Walmart. I have then in several designer colors! ;0)

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Try looking at 5.11 tactical shorts. very deep pockets for carrying a gun.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sponsored Links