please help - Page 2

please help

This is a discussion on please help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry to hear about this happening. In my opinion she need to get familiar with guns and decide for herself what gun she is comfortable ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: please help

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about this happening. In my opinion she need to get familiar with guns and decide for herself what gun she is comfortable with. If she is the one going to use it she needs to be the one to decide.

Having a permit and a firearm is certainly important, but TRAINING is the key here. Your wife needs to 'discover' the mindset to defend herself and her family. Is she really ready?
    Your wife needs to ask herself some questions about what she is willing to do if put in the same situation again. Taking a SD pistol course would introduce her to situational awareness (a very important factor), the laws regarding SD, training in using and maintaining a firearm, and obviously some practice.
    Things can happen pretty fast if you're not keeping your head on a swivel. Without the correct mindset and training, the next event could mean that the dirtbag(s) also gets a gun.
    I see that you're from Lincoln Park...I grew up in that area. Sad to see things like this happening there, but dirtbags are everywhere.
    Glad that your family is physically unharmed.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have to agree, no secrets from the spouse. Let her have any of them or all of them if she wants them and buy more. Nothing good comes from secrets in a marriage. I knew a guy that bought a motorcycle and hid it from his wife for a while. When she found out about it, she could have cared less about the bike, but was not happy about the deception. It caused issues. Come clean and focus on supporting whatever SD decisions she comes to. Just my $0.02.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links