Glock overhaul

Glock overhaul

This is a discussion on Glock overhaul within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, I'm thinking about doing a fun project. I want to spruce up a glock a bit. I'm thinking about an older model 19. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock overhaul

Glock overhaul

Hey all, I'm thinking about doing a fun project. I want to spruce up a glock a bit.

I'm thinking about an older model 19.

I have heard and read about a slide that is made by a well known handgun guy, it has beveled edges and is cut for better carry. Only problem is I can't remember who makes it.

I may send the slide out to be chromed.

Maybe put in the chrome pin kit

Chrome trigger

Lone wolf barrel - possibly threaded

Night sights of some sort

Extended controls

Guide rod laser

Any other ideas? Tell me anything you can about chroming your slide or the custom one I am talking about. Thanks.

Jason
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

I hope this isn't going to be a carry gun, a lot of unnecessary mods to perfectly good gun.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

A purple hat with a feather and some alligator shoes? LOL Just kidding. I would maybe look at two color night sights. Like maybe a birght green front and a muted red rear. Something very different but functional.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Are you thinking of a hard chromed slide or a stainless slide for a Glock? Hard chrome isn't a very popular choice with the exception of some wheel guns. Hummm.....
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

I was thinking hard chromed but i'm not married to the idea yet. Is there any problems with a hard chromed slide? This is one of the major questions I need to find

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAbtSlfDef View Post
    Hey all, I'm thinking about doing a fun project. I want to spruce up a glock a bit.

I'm thinking about an older model 19.

I have heard and read about a slide that is made by a well known handgun guy, it has beveled edges and is cut for better carry. Only problem is I can't remember who makes it.

I may send the slide out to be chromed.

Maybe put in the chrome pin kit

Chrome trigger

Lone wolf barrel - possibly threaded

Night sights of some sort

Extended controls

Guide rod laser

Any other ideas? Tell me anything you can about chroming your slide or the custom one I am talking about. Thanks.

Jason
    Sounds like you want a 1911 not a Glock!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have thought of that too, and I have had a couple 1911s, I want to do a glock this time around. You don't see them (customized glocks) too often. Maybe there is a reason for that I don't know. Beautiful boxer in your pic.

Leopard print duracoating on the polymer?

Seriously, sounds like you've got all the bases covered on available mods for a Glock, short of replacing the rear plate. I know we had a member here who stipled the grip and replaced the back plate on his. You might want to considr adding serrations to the front of the slide as well.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

VIP Member
    Wow. That will definately be pimped. I did drop a Lone Wolf barrel into my G30, just for the comfort of a match-grade, fully-supported stainless barrel. In addition to looking incredibly cool, it feeds everything perfectly (just like the original barrel did).

Is it possible to cut into a stock slide and whats involved??

check out http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/ they do alot of stuff
    Last edited by kane4111; August 4th, 2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: fix web adress
    No matter what anyone says you can never own enough guns!!!
    Glock 26
    Ruger LCP

I just checked out robar, I think the bowie one is the one I was thinking of originally. Thanks

Lone Wolf also stocks aluminum slide cover plates anodized different colors, the silver one matches their chromed pin kits. Look into Lightning Strike titanium parts. A striker and safety plunger make a huge difference. Get a good trigger connector fit, and order the maritime spring cups. Trust me, they improve the trigger a lot, they're not just for shooting underwater. I'm not a fan of Duracoat, I do like hard chrome or electroless nickle finishes. Personally I'd rather have an awesome trigger and a plain looking gun, but why not do both?
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Is it possible to cut into a stock slide and whats involved??
    Yes, to some extent. if you're going all out, add a red dot from Suarez that's actually cut and fitted into the slide. I tried a Trijicon and a Leupold on my Blackwater to try them out. Cool idea and very fast, but bulky. This way is much better and the Glock is the ideal gun for fitting a red-dot on the slide, not just the dovetail.

They have different options and can order a whole new slide. This is if you send them yours. I might consider something like this just to do it, but not for any serious reasons. I reserve red dots for my sub guns and carbines.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/adv...mersslide.aspx

Now, I would not add a laser. I've not met too many serious shooters that say they help anything and many say it slows them down. Personally, I don't have much experience with them other than owning the Surefire X400 and the Streamlight TLR 2, but then I realized I only use the light, so i started buying X300's. Save your money in my opinion.

Hard Chrome is good, but it's a Glock, I think black is a much better option, but again that's opinion. IonBond is great looking but not cheap, so is Hard Hat. I like the look of IonBond because it's so dull and flat black. It reminds me of a 30's roadster in matte black for whatever reason. Love it. Enjoy the project and don't go TOO far.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

VIP Member
    I have thought of that too, and I have had a couple 1911s, I want to do a glock this time around. You don't see them (customized glocks) too often. Maybe there is a reason for that I don't know. Beautiful boxer in your pic.
    Thank you! My Boxer is part of my home line of defense! He is a total specimen! Looks like he hangs around and lifts weights all day!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links