Defensive Carry banner

Gun Tests gives Kel-Tec PF-9 am F rating.

9K views 36 replies 36 participants last post by  Gibber 
#1 ·
Gun Test magazine August 2010 (pg. 24) Gives the PF-9 an "F" rating. "This pistol had the most felt recoil and was the least accurate -- We suspect from the heavy trigger."

This was among 11 other 9mm pistols (tested in 2007) beginning with the Springfield P192029LP which retailed at $1253.00.

I have to totally disagree with the review. While I would not give the PF-9 an "A" rating I think it deserves a "B-" or "C+" all things considered. It is a light weight 9mm pistol and as such it would have significant recoil. But for a pistol that can be had for well under $300.00 (Typically $259.00) I consider a decent buy.

Any thoughts?

#34 ·
Well, mine has 700 rounds through it without a glitch. Yes, it has recoil, but no more then my old S&W 642 snub-nose, and I have gotten quite accurate with it at 21 feet and under, the distances it was made to shoot at, and the distances I will likely have to use it in a self defense situation.

#35 ·
Here is the quote from that issue November 2007: "What we couldn’t tolerate was the trigger function. The trigger was the longest and heaviest of those tested, but we could have gotten used to it, if it were not for what we consider to be a design flaw. We believe in properly resetting the trigger after each shot to increase accuracy. After we fire a pistol we hold the trigger to the rear of the trigger guard and then release it forward until a click is heard, and then we apply steady pressure for the next shot. If you try that with this pistol, you will only hear a click instead of a bang."

I don't know anything about KelTec, but I have to wonder how this technique works for them when they are trying to dump four or five as fast as they can into an attacker three feet away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.