Gun Tests gives Kel-Tec PF-9 am F rating.

This is a discussion on Gun Tests gives Kel-Tec PF-9 am F rating. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I give Gun Tests an F. Their tests are biased, unscientific, do not address real issues, and garbage....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun tests gives Kel-Tec PF-9 am F rating.

I give Gun tests an F.

Their tests are biased, unscientific, do not address real issues, and garbage.

2. Remove Ads

I think "F" is a bit harsh. It's an OK pistol for the price. Mine would completely choke on WWB, but that was simple to solve. It also wasn't crazy about GD's, so I fed it GS's and HST's. which were reliable. I sold it two years ago when I got my first Kahr.

It's just another opinion. As long as you are happy who cares what others think.

Ron
    Well, mine has 700 rounds through it without a glitch. Yes, it has recoil, but no more then my old S&W 642 snub-nose, and I have gotten quite accurate with it at 21 feet and under, the distances it was made to shoot at, and the distances I will likely have to use it in a self defense situation.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Here is the quote from that issue November 2007: "What we couldn’t tolerate was the trigger function. The trigger was the longest and heaviest of those tested, but we could have gotten used to it, if it were not for what we consider to be a design flaw. We believe in properly resetting the trigger after each shot to increase accuracy. After we fire a pistol we hold the trigger to the rear of the trigger guard and then release it forward until a click is heard, and then we apply steady pressure for the next shot. If you try that with this pistol, you will only hear a click instead of a bang."

I don't know anything about KelTec, but I have to wonder how this technique works for them when they are trying to dump four or five as fast as they can into an attacker three feet away.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I got a P11,12 +1 in a small package,I'm not gonna be shooting bullseyes at 25 yards,but at SD ranges,10 yds or less It will put them where I need em.You want honest reviews I would trust ordinairy people who carry and shoot them daily,not a gun that gets shipped and they do a one day review
    Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    i have never had any problems with any of my kel tec guns. they are not range guns they are carry guns.
    ^^^^^^I'm in this camp ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

On this one.
    My p11 shoots alright. never failed to go pop. its light and conceals well.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

These are the same guys who told us that the Makarov was a horrible gun!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links