New 9mm

This is a discussion on New 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Right now I carry a RIA 1911 Officers model or my P-64 and sometimes my CZ-82. I am really looking into getting something in .40 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 9mm

New 9mm

Right now I carry a RIA 1911 Officers model or my P-64 and sometimes my CZ-82. I am really looking into getting something in .40 or 9mm Luger. I definitely trust the 9x18, but I only carry ball. I considered a Glock 19 for a while, but Glocks don't really feel right in my hand. In fact, I much prefer a DA/SA style gun; something with an external hammer. I am a student, so I have a lower budget. How are the Bersa 9mms? I also considered the Ruger SR9c although it has no external hammer. Can anyone suggest something that might fit the bill? Small enough for CC, $500 or less, and fun to shoot at the range.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I would look at the CZ line. They will be a little over $500 but not to far off.

Oh, I looked at a CZ Rami too. I love that little gun, but it is a tad bit over my price range.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    Oh, I looked at a CZ Rami too. I love that little gun, but it is a tad bit over my price range.
    Buds, CZ 2075 Rami $510 shipped.
    CZ 75 Compact $550 shipped
    CZ 75 D PCR $556 shipped

SR9c...I have the SR9. It is an amazing gun. Shoots great, no problems so far. Feels great in the hand, etc etc. Could ramble it all off, but this is a high quality gun in my opinion for a great price (budsgunshop.com you can get it for $398 shipped if they are in stock...that was last time I checked). I'm a student as well and fell right within my budget. JMO

I picked up a CZ PCR. Right around $500. It's comfortable, shoots great.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Cz p-07

I got a SR9c not to long age and it fits like a glove!!!! Small enough for my hand to fit around the grip well and not to large either. As Goldilocks said, Just right!
    I vote for the Ruger...Support Arizona.

Lateck,

Mattwestin, The UC9 Bersa is a great gun maybe one of the best sleepers out there. Extremely dependable and can be had for $350 or less. They are a little heavier than the poly guns but shoot great with less recoil.

look at the kel tec p11 or pf9. both are well made guns for the price.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I would save my pennies and look hard at the CZ RAMI or 75 compact....... great DA/SA CCW handguns. For those who like the G26 size CCW handgun but would rather have a SA/DA handgun the RAMI is a great option. It also fits most of my Glock holsters too which is nice.

I found this 2075 RAMI "used" at a LGS for $450 with 3 mags. The store owner said a guy buys it for his wife and she did not like the grip thickness so he trades it after less than 50 rounds......oh yes. Since some RAMI's have had feeding issues related to feed ramp geometry/angle I sent it back to CZ on their dime (great service) before I even fired the gun and they reworked/polished the throat and feed ramp and its been flawless and a fine shooter.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I have the Bersa Thunder 9 and it would fit your bill perfectly and won't break the bank. Reliable and very well built handguns. 13+1 capacity and compact. It's a great firearm and is often overlooked and underappreciated.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I just picked up a S&W CS9 ,its about the size of a Glock26 and is SA/DA
    They are no longer made but can still be found for $350-$600.
    The Bersa UC9 is also a good gun but a little too heavy for me too CC all day.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    If you're not opposed to a used gun, you could certainly find a nice S&W 3913 for $300-$350 with no problem. They're DA/SA, compact, ergonomic and have an external hammer. BTW, I think you mean 9X19 when refering to the 9mm Luger/Parabellum.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

The 3913 is an excellent option. The CZ at Bud's is also a a great choice. I also would look at www.summitgunbroker.com. They have some greta options on used guns over there and new stuff too. Maybe a Kahr CW9.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links