A Simple Super Upgrade for my Glock Trigger.

This is a discussion on A Simple Super Upgrade for my Glock Trigger. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I can't complain about the Glock trigger nearly as much any more. I purchased a Ghost Inc. 4.5lbs Ranger Connector (Less than $20.0 pending ...

Thread: A Simple Super Upgrade for my Glock Trigger.

JD [OP]
    Administrator

A Simple Super Upgrade for my Glock Trigger.

Well, I can't complain about the Glock trigger nearly as much any more.

I purchased a Ghost Inc. 4.5lbs Ranger Connector (Less than $20.0 pending where you shop) and installed it in about 15 minutes, it's a drop in part no fitting required. The trigger pull is much more agreeable and the dry fire "shimmy" (when you fire you can see the front sight jerk around) is nonexistent in a two-handed grip and only slightly present one handed.

I was skeptical at first, I didn't want a 3.5 kit and didn't think the 4.5lbs connector would do all that much but I am very surprised at the improved feel. I would definitely say it make the Glock trigger feel more like and XD trigger in weight, but still has that short forceful reset.

Also, if you're new to Glocks like I am, definitely pick up The Complete Glock Reference Guide, 3rd Edition. A very nice item to have on hand that covers full disassembly and reassembly as well as a nicely written theory of operation.

I'll probably take the Glock back out to the range tomorrow and see how I like the new connector.

2. Remove Ads

Glad you like it. Personally, I would recommend you spend some time getting used to the stock Glock trigger. I really like it. You never know when you'll need to pick up a Glock and use it - would be a good idea to be proficient with the stock trigger feel.

Nice range reports from you and Lima on the new Gen 4, by the way. Do keep us posted.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

GM
    Thank you very much for sharing. I do not hate Glocks; what I dislike is the Glock’s trigger (I am a SA guy). I look forward to reading your range report.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

JD, you are right on both accounts, easy mod and great book. I have had my G19 for 16 years and replaced the connector last year. WOW, what a difference. It was like shooting a new gun, I will never go back to stock.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Glad you like it. Personally, I would recommend you spend some time getting used to the stock Glock trigger. I really like it. You never know when you'll need to pick up a Glock and use it - would be a good idea to be proficient with the stock trigger feel.

Nice range reports from you and Lima on the new Gen 4, by the way. Do keep us posted.
    I think I'll be OK if I pick up a stock Glock at moderate ranges out to 15 yards and less. Right now I'm just sampling different options and seeing what I like, I'll probably alternate the connector every couple of range trips and see how my performance is. If my performance isn't better with the 4.5lb connector I'll probably switch back to stock.

As for the Gen 4, Lima was out shooting again today and had a couple more failures to feed, but it seems to be related to just one of the three mags, although the other day I had no issues that pointed to the gun. We'll probably end up replacing the mag here shortly if enough data piles up against it.

Links