what do u think? - Page 2

what do u think?

This is a discussion on what do u think? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Thumper Might just be me but I'd rather have the SIG! Nope, me too!...

View Poll Results: trade my sp101 357 mag for a sig 226 navy 9mm

45. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

13 28.89%
  • no

32 71.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what do u think?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Might just be me but I'd rather have the SIG!
    Nope, me too!
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Fayetteville, AR
    I'm going to have to agree with most in this thread about changing from a revolver to a semi-auto.....especially with the credentials the Ruger SP101 has going for it. I've long since got out of the revolver game even though that may be a downfall of sorts in ways we can't fully understand. There are however those landmarks in our lives that we depend on to let us know where we've come from and where we are going, and those that pretty much dictate we should never deviate far from those landmarks for good reasons. I traded a Colt Trooper MK IV 357mag in on one of my Glocks. That same Colt revolver seems rather rare now and fetching a premium price when it can be found. Thing is, I made a good trade for what I had in mind at the time and won't look back. Looking back only slows you down. The monetary value of a pistol should never dictate what's best for you at the time in the preservation of your life. It's what works best for you to extend your life in the face of despair that makes it or breaks it. If a $1000 firearm can't replace our life, then maybe a $500 is your best bet. Know where you are, and where you're going....and what you want out of life and your chosen carry pistol. Focus on what you really need and forget about what you want. It makes things a whole lot simpler.

VIP Member
    You need that Ruger revolver for when that pistol breaks.

Keep the SP101....especially if it's your only wheel gun
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

South Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    You need that Ruger revolver for when that pistol breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    Keep the SP101....especially if it's your only wheel gun
    There you have it. Save for the Sig, sell something else if you must.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

He has a number of other handguns for "when" the P226 breaks, but I'd personally put money on the SP101 failing before the Sig does...

If it's a straight-up one for one trade, then you should obviously do it; a new P226 Navy is worth significantly more than a used SP101. You can then save up to replace the SP101, if you feel that you need/miss the revo.

The P226 is one of the best "combat" handguns out there, and I highly doubt that you'd be disappointed in it.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Somewhere in America
    Definitely not trying to start a cartridge war but I'm DEFINITELY not a fan of the 9mm cartridge. If it were me, and in this case it isn't, I would stick with the 357 or if I were in the market to buy another gun I would try for a 40 or 45, but that's just me.

Chancellorsville, Virginia
    Do what you want to do. It's not like you can't get another of either if you want it.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links