HK P2000 SKLEM 9mm questions

This is a discussion on HK P2000 SKLEM 9mm questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A little background to this question: we aren't allowed to access gun related sites on our work computers, though they tolerate almost anything else. So, ...

VIP Member

A little background to this question: we aren't allowed to access gun related sites on our work computers, though they tolerate almost anything else. So, my boss asked me to post here because he can't ask the question through our work computer and he lives in the country where there's no broadband.

OK. He wants to buy an HK P2000 SK LEM. I guess it is an HK 9 mm sub compact; supposedly with a double action trigger that feels more like single action.

So, first question, anyone know what the trigger is like-- is it really more like single than double?

Second, he says that it comes with a decocker; similar to one on his HK in .45. For some reason, he is afraid to use the decocker and usually just puts his thumb under the hammer.

Anyone have a sense of how reliable the decockers are on these models?

Assistant Administrator
    Let me initially say -

Now, can't comment on this gun in detail, others can probably. I will tho say this - if a modern semi has a decocker - use it.

Your boss is taking unnecessary risks IMO lowering the hammer by hand - the decocker system of HK's, SIG's and Rugers just as examples - have a firing pin blocking mechanism making firing impossible - even tho gun should of course be always pointed safe when so using.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    The LEM trigger is suppose to be less take up/travel than a conventional DAO pistol. Never tried 1 so can't say how good or bad it is.
    I have used my decocker on my USP HK for years without a single problem. Letting a hammer down with fingers seems much more likely to AD the gun. BTW, someone here had a 9MM P2000 for sale. might want to check into it.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have the full size P2000 with the LEM trigger. I love it, but it has a longer trigger pull than most autoloader pistols. If you have ever fired a Para Ordnance LDA, it has a similar feel. I personally love the LEM and LDA trigger actions, and I am more accurate with them than I am more conventional 1911's and the DA/SA HK's.

Quote Originally Posted by stickman483
    I have the full size P2000 with the LEM trigger. I love it, but it has a longer trigger pull than most autoloader pistols. If you have ever fired a Para Ordnance LDA, it has a similar feel. I personally love the LEM and LDA trigger actions, and I am more accurate with them than I am more conventional 1911's and the DA/SA HK's.
    I have the fullsize P2000 w/ LEM trigger. I concur w/ above statement. It is not quite as sweet as the LDA trigger, but it is nice indeed.

The LEM trigger does NOT have a decocker. If he gets a P2000 w/ a decocker it will be a DA/SA trigger. A plus for the LEM trigger is that it has second strike capability.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    lots of articles about this particular pistol....
    I'd like to have one chambered in .357 sig or .45 instead of 9mm or .40 though....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Yep - I have the P2000sk LEM and NO DECOCKER! That is only on the DA/SA pistol. Great trigger by the way

Links