Got to shoot a Glock 30 today. - Page 2

Got to shoot a Glock 30 today.

This is a discussion on Got to shoot a Glock 30 today. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet I can consistantly make paper plate-sized patterns with any gun of any caliber. They're all inaccurate. It can't be me. Well, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got to shoot a Glock 30 today.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I can consistantly make paper plate-sized patterns with any gun of any caliber. They're all inaccurate. It can't be me. Well, maybe. You'd think a brain surgeon would have steadier hands.

Actually, the CZ-82 makes tighter groups than the rest. I don't know how. The local gunsmith says the barrel is shot out and has no rifling. Surely he knows of which he speaks.
    No, in this case, he does not know of which he speaks. The CZ82 has a special polygonal rifiling. It does not appear to the eye, to look the same as regular rifiling but, it is there.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    my g30 shoots much better than i do...

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    I actually like the grip size of the standard G21 and G30. But I seem to be in the minority.
    Add another to that minority.

This....
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    News flash, I doubt that the accuracy problem was the Glock...(not impossible, but) I'm just sayin'...
    And this....
    I actually like the grip size of the standard G21 and G30. But I seem to be in the minority.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

G30 surprised me in 1997 with how accurate and soft shooting it is. 10 yards rapid fire 50 rounds:

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I tried about a dozen different pistols--including a few revolvers--from different manufacturers (Sig, HK, Kimber, Ruger, S&W, SA, Colt, etc.) before settling on a G30.
    Out of all the models I tried, the G30 performed best in MY hands. To me, that's probably the most important criteria when choosing a carry gun.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

In my field we typically attribute "accuracy" issues to "user error"

My G30 is very accurate.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

VIP Member
    Every Glock I have owned or shot is decent in accuracy for what it's designed for "combat accuracy". The main point is that it goes bang when you need it, and it does it's part when you do yours!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

For a guy, I have crazy small hands... yet I have no problems with the Glock 30. I admit, most of my experience is with glocks, but I can't say I shoot the 30 any differently than the 19.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    News flash, I doubt that the accuracy problem was the Glock...(not impossible, but) I'm just sayin'...
    I agree. I can drive tacks with my G30.

Most Glocks are pretty accurate, but the triggers sometimes take some getting used to.

With that said, I'd say my Glock 30 is my least favorite gun I own. This has nothing to do with it being a Glock and everything to do with it being a choad, that is too fat to carry concealed and too short to be a service pistol.
    Mossberg 590a1 12g 20" 8+1 Spedfeeder, modified Limbsaver butt.<>Glock G30 45 auto<>Beretta 92FS 9mm Inox
    <>Smith & Wession 360 357mag<>Marlin 60ss, Bushnell 3-9 scope<>Kel-Tec Sub2k 9mm Glock mags, quick release red dot sight<>
    All I need Is a Sig 226 .40. And .556 tactical carbine of some sort.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I can hit the 10-ring at 30 feet with mine, and all rounds on target (8" dia) at 75 feet. I find the "service" to be satisfactory.

She IS a chunky girl, though.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

well. I agree I struggle to get good hits with my 30 (or any glock) at any decent speed. I average about 10 shots/min. Whereas with a single action weapon or a revolver, its not even fair to the target anymore....

But the glock is the most reliable, highest capasity, best reputed, most suited weapon I own currently. I will learn to shoot it, just gonna take some time.

BTW I know its not the gun because I have watched my dad make a child's fist sized hole at about 20 yards with about 25 rounds
    Μολὼν λάβε

The Glock 30 is a very accurate pistol. It just doesn't fit everyone's hands. I have long monkeys fingers, so the thick grip of the 30 workes well for me.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links