Got to shoot a Glock 30 today.

This is a discussion on Got to shoot a Glock 30 today. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got to shoot a Glock 30 at 10 yard and 25 yards, I was not all that impressed with accuracy, I will admit the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got to shoot a Glock 30 today.

Got to shoot a Glock 30 today.

I got to shoot a Glock 30 at 10 yard and 25 yards, I was not all that impressed with accuracy, I will admit the grip is to big for my had. There was a Glock 27 there also and it shot as accurate or a little better.

I took my Kahr pm9 and it held its own in accuracy with the Glocks at 10 yards. The recoil on the 27 was about the same as the 30, a little more muzzle flip on the 27.

2. Remove Ads

kpw
    G30s, as well as G27s, tend to be pretty accurate pistols. That doesn't mean they all are. There is also other variables like ammo preferences and the shooter's experience and ability.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

News flash, I doubt that the accuracy problem was the Glock...(not impossible, but) I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    News flash, I doubt that the accuracy problem was the Glock...(not impossible, but) I'm just sayin'...
    Dude...
    Epic...
    Bingo.
    I have nothing further to say.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can consistantly make paper plate-sized patterns with any gun of any caliber. They're all inaccurate. It can't be me. Well, maybe. You'd think a brain surgeon would have steadier hands.

Actually, the CZ-82 makes tighter groups than the rest. I don't know how. The local gunsmith says the barrel is shot out and has no rifling. Surely he knows of which he speaks.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I love Glocks but the only Glock 45 that fits my hand is the G36. Maybe one day I'll bite, but for right now, my G26 fits the bill. And as much as I tried and tried, I still don't like .40 S&W.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

And as much as I tried and tried, I still don't like .40 S&W.
    Amen brother. The reason I got rid of my Glock 22. I do see a 36 in the near future though.
    My guess to the OP is that you are just not used to shooting the Glock?? This is definitely a platform that takes some getting accustomed too.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    I got to shoot a Glock 30 at 10 yard and 25 yards, I was not all that impressed with accuracy, I will admit the grip is to big for my had. There was a Glock 27 there also and it shot as accurate or a little better.

I took my Kahr pm9 and it held its own in accuracy with the Glocks at 10 yards. The recoil on the 27 was about the same as the 30, a little more muzzle flip on the 27.
    Was it a G30, or G30SF? The G30 was a bit much for me in that compared to the grip was a bit muzzle heavy even with 10 rounds in the bucket. The recoil did not play a factor. G30 is easy to control, I just wasn't as accurate with it as I should be due to the muzzle weight. We all have to find what works best for us.

I am not a Glock fan. I have yet to shoot one that wasn't accurate or reliable. But then again I have never seen a baby crow. My complaint with Glocks is the thickness and extreme angles.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I actually shot the Glock 30 more accurately than the Sig p220 and very close in accuracy to the kimber (which had a laser). What really matters is what your are comfortable shooting. Some people like myself like the glock grip and and some people don't. Most pistols are more accurate than their operators anyways.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I know the ammo the shooter etc...

I own a Glock 23 that I shoot ok, I was not impress with the 30, grip to fat, 27 to sharp of muzzle flip. I will say that anytime you shoot a gun for the first time you need to shoot 100 rounds or so to get used to it.

I have shot and owned many guns, my comment was comparing my ability with a handgun, I know what my capability is and the Glock 30 and 27 just did not shoot as well as my 23 or for that matter the Kahr PM9.

I would like to shoot a Glock 36 before I make up my mind on 45acp. The list for the 45 goes like this, Kimber, M&P45c, Kahr PM45 or P45.

Another way of putting it there will be no Glock 30 or 27 in my future.

JT
    I actually like the grip size of the standard G21 and G30. But I seem to be in the minority.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't have a problem with the G30 grip either. I've held the SF version several times and can't tell any difference. It's just different. It's all in what you get used to using. But hey, if you want a double-stack .45, you have to expect the grip to be larger than something like a 1911. Make all 1911s double-stack and then sit back for the griping. But they'd solve the "limited capacity" issue of 1911s.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

EAJ
    Not arguing the merits or demerits of the Glock grip design, I have average size hands and find the Glock 30 comfortable to hold and accurate. In fact, accuracy seems to be the most common trait that most G30 owners that I know or read about speak of. If you happen to be a shooter with smaller hands (like my dad) consider adding a rubber grip or skateboard tape to the grip area. I use a Pachmayr Slip-on Rubber Grip (#5) on mine and dad finds it very helpful with regard to comfort and consequently has improved his accuracy.

Love my G30... i have averaged sized hands and can shoot the whiskers off of a fly at ten paces. Its my daily carry piece. Bunker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links