Your dream carry setup, money is no constraint.

This is a discussion on Your dream carry setup, money is no constraint. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mine is Glock 17, 19, 26, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth. I can carry the biggest when my clothing permits and downsize accordingly. All share the same ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your dream carry setup, money is no constraint.

Your dream carry setup, money is no constraint.

Mine is Glock 17, 19, 26, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth.

I can carry the biggest when my clothing permits and downsize accordingly. All share the same ammo.

I have a 17, 26 and LCP. Need the 19 and R9.

Glocks in a Crossbreed, combat cut, horsehide holster.

Pocket holster for the R9.
    Last edited by KAK; August 13th, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Three numbers sequential Springfield Armory 1911 'Professional'; Chambered in .45 ACP,.40 S&W and 9x23mm.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I'm carrying it. GLOCK 19 loaded with Remington Golden Sabre (I'd like toupgrade to bonded JHP's) 124 gr +p's in a CBST, horsehide with combat cut supported by a black Crossbreed belt.

At least until Glock comes out with the single stack pocket 9.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

AzB
    I don't think I would change anything... maybe play with the expensive ammo a little more, but gun, holster and belt are perfect.

FNP45, CBST, Safariland belt.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Senior Moderator
    You know.. I already have the set up that a lot of people dream about times a couple.

I absolutely LOVE my Wilson Combat Professional. My G19 is growing on me. I have a pre-series II Kimber CDP in .45. I have a S&W 360PD. I have a number of other guns available to carry including an XDm, a couple of Colt Mustangs and even a Sig 238.

And what's even greater is that I have enough holsters coming out of my ears to carry all of these in comfort (no, not at once).

I really don't think I could ask for more.

I'm halfway there, Glock 19 with Sevigny Carry sights, AIWB in a Dale Fricke holster. The only thing left to make it perfect would be to do a grip reduction, and maybe Duracoat it a cool color.

Come on let's get a little imaginative, no limits to what you can spend.

Quote Originally Posted by LRFireEMS View Post
    Come on let's get a little imaginative, no limits to what you can spend.
    A-10 Warthog, expensive enough.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    I also have the same sentiment as previous posts . Glocks & snubbie & pocket .380 + FIST & Pure Kustom holsters make for good coverage for me. It's hard to ask for more. Rats, now I feel a little guilty about wanting a PM9...

I just purchased mine, an Ed Brown Special Forces Carry .45 1911, with some added features that I liked. I carry in a Milt Sparks Horsehide VM II with either my Kramer or A&G Gunbelt. The only thing different I am going to try one of Rocky's Holsters @Pure Kustom. Well I would like to have a Ed Brown Kobra 5" model to,LOL....

I've got a few dream set-ups, just not sure which I prefer... VBOB, Nighthawk PDP Commander & Talon II bobtail w/ a railed DB Predator ordered. Glock 17 Gen 4 (19 and 21SF will be coming in a month or so, I'm sure) polished internals with Ghost Connector, which I've been carrying a lot since I got it the Sunday before last, along with the M&P which now has the DCAEK Apex kit and a 5.5 lb trigger. Sig 226 and 229 SCT set up how I want them with SRT and thin triggers with a lot of polishing, etc. Springfield Operator that I carry once in a while. Milt Sparks, Wilson, M-Tac, Raven Concealment ordered x2. My HK45, which I think I'm selling, I've carried a few times.

My problem is that I go back and forth on what I prefer. I'm really liking the high capacity 9mm's right now, but 2 or 3 months ago I'd never have thought of carrying one. I also never would have thought of carrying anything but a 1911 in leather, but now I'm into polymer and Kydex.

So, having more options makes it complicated at times, but it's also fun. I have a few that i shoot almost daily or every other day and those are what I'll carry most......this month. The thing is here in Corpus is that the humidity is near 100% and almost 100 daily for at least half the year. I live pretty much on the water and the salt air caused my stainless 1911's (VBOB -all SS - and Executive Carry - Blue over SS) show surface rust on the frame almost after a day or two of carrying. So, I feel very comfortable carrying the Glock 17 since I know I can walk on the beach all day and not need to worry. If I do that with one of my 1911's, even in Diamond Black or Perma Kote, I feel the need to wipe it down as soon as I get in, even with the Sigs to some extent. But with the Glock and M&P, I just don't even think about it.

I guess if I could carry anything, it would be my LWRC PSD 6.8 when my tax stamp comes in. Break it in half and put it in a briefcase - you're ready for just about anything
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I like what I have ATM which is a XD9sc and a MK9 Elite with TT Gunleather for both and BigO for the XD. I would like a VBOB and a EMP but then that would require more holsters...

I like the thinness of the single stack but the capacity (such as it is in SoCal) of the XD. Since this is about "dream carry", I'll forgo all of the cool stuff that is too big...oh yeah and a Rohrbaugh (or Boberg if they ever get their feet off the ground) would be cool too.

A Springfield Professional in a Nossar Gunleather IWB Trimmed in Elephant.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

cj
    Money no object? I'd like to have the R&D done to create a PT-145-sized .45 with Glock-like reliability. I love the idea of 10+1 of .45 in that small of a package, but am not sold on the current implementation...but it DOES show that it can be done.

VIP Member
    A full detail of T800 Terminators.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links