XD45c Vs Glock 30SF

XD45c Vs Glock 30SF

This is a discussion on XD45c Vs Glock 30SF within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Both have their pros and cons to me. Which do you all prefer for CCW? I like Glock 30 because I am happy with my ...

Thread: XD45c Vs Glock 30SF

XD45c Vs Glock 30SF

Both have their pros and cons to me. Which do you all prefer for CCW?

I like Glock 30 because I am happy with my Glock 19, I shoot the 30 accurately and it has a short length and height. The only con is the thickness for me for CC (I am 5'6" 165 lbs)

I Like the XD-45c because is feels comfortable to hold, I shoot it accurately and its thin. I don't like the grip safety or its length.

I consider both to be reliable, both are 10+1
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I have a .45 XD Compact as well as several Glocks: 19, 22, 23 and 27 and the XD is the same size as both the 19 & 23.

I don't have a Glock 30, but I have shot one. I prefer the grip of the XD over the Glock 30, the downside to the XD is it is a heavier gun. The XD also comes with the additional 13 rd mag and sleeve.
    Proud NRA member

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    XD's have a taller heavier slide. I own both and prefer the Glock any day of the week.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I have a G30. It doesn't come with a 13 round mag, but it has one--the G21 mag, if you want more capacity. Nice for HD duty. I've handled the 30SF and couldn't tell any difference in the grip. Some can; I couldn't.

Some say Glocks look like they were carved out of a 2x4. To me, XDs look like they were poorly carved from a 2x4, with a slide that looks like a double-decker bus. The difference in size is in fractions of an inch, and for me it's no big deal.

As for function, never shot the XD, but I don't know of any outstanding problems or complaints. As long as it works when I ask it too, I'm satisfied. Bells and whistles don't make it better.

I've considered going to a G36 for the weight reduction. The pistols aren't so much, but 4 extra rds of .45 adds up after awhile.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I am loving my XD's, but to be fair I just don't shoot glocks well. I have a SC 9mm and a 45XDM and the 45C is next. I have owned Glocks and for me they just didn't perform like the XD's do, but thats me.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I'm not sure this will help you but here we go.I keep a XD 45 in my bedside table.The Jeep has a Glock 30 SF in the lock box. I carry a Glock 36 in a C TAC iwb.The 30 is abit big for me to carry,but I have carried it before.The XD is a BIG weapon also,but a very fine shooter.The G36 is a pinch smaller than a G19 (one of my favorites) and that one gets my vote because it is a 45 ACP..

kpw
    The XD 45c is my favorite XD. I prefer the G30 SF to it, though I could live happily with either.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    xd45 vs. g30sf...easy, the xd, though much taller, has more capacity/shorter barrel, still concealable and (from what I hear) can handle the super charged +p+ rounds.
    Ive shot both and prefer the trigger on the xd, much smoother.

I chose the 45c because of the better ergonomics, trigger (especially after I did a custom 4.25lb action job) and SA's customer service. The 30sf is still a great gun though.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    xd45 vs. g30sf...easy, the xd, though much taller, has more capacity/shorter barrel, still concealable and (from what I hear) can handle the super charged +p+ rounds.
    Actually G30 has same capacity as the XD
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I carry a G30 in a CBST from time to time. The SF model is not necessary for me. My long monkey fingers fit the 30 perfectly. She is a very soft shooter. VERY accurate.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    xd45 vs. g30sf...easy, the xd, though much taller,CORRECT has more capacity INCORRECT/shorter barrel,INCORRECT still concealable and (from what I hear) can handle the super charged +p+ rounds. GLOCK CAN ALSO
    Where did you get your facts

My vote is for the Glock 30 seeing as I carry one everyday
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

The XD45C holds 13 +1 with the extended mag supplied. The Glock can use a G21 mag though. The 45C has a .25" longer barrel. The triggers on XDs are very inconsistent (5.5-7.5lbs). Mine was on the heavy side and needed a trigger job badly. I have heard that XD triggers smooth out after 500-1000 rds though. Glock triggers are very consistent at 5.5lbs with a shorter reset in stock form. I do prefer my XD45C as I previously stated though.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

Sponsored Links